Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 Advice needed.  (Read 4168 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Femoston 2/10 Advice needed.
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »

Hello - i am desperate for some help and advice. I was on Femoston 1/10 until October last year. I was having some blood pressure issues and decided to come off them and have a break. Since then, I have been feeling worse and worse with Anxiety being my biggest problem.  My GP said I could restart HRT at 2/10, so have done today as my periods are now 3 weeks apart - not needed! I've also seen a different GP for my anxiety and he prescribed propananol at 10mg.  The plan was to get used to the Propananol for a week or two, not started it yet, then take the Femoston within 5 days of my period starting.  As my period has come early, i've started the hrt today, is it safe to propananol at the same time? is it also okay to ztake femostan at 2/10 instead of 1/10? 

Any advice would be greatly apprieciated as I am at a really low ebb at the moment.

Regards

Millykin

Re: Femoston 2/10 Advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »

Hi yes it is fine to take propranalol with Femoston, I was taking propranalol from oct 13 to July 14. I started Femoston in April 14. Was on 1/10 until a few weeks ago then started 2/10. I upped my dose because I wasn't taking a bleed. Propranalol will help with palps and will always help lower BP. X

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Day 3 Femostan 2/10
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »

Hello i'm on Day 3 of Femostan 2/10. I took my tablet about 8am this morning and from about 11 am till 3 pm felt really out of it.  Almost as though I just wanted to stare into space or sleep.

This has scared me a bit because I was at home today but worried if I feel like that at work. Maybe I should drop back down to the 1/10 dosage.  Or maybe take it at night.  Any thoughts, don‘t remember anything too troublesome with the lesser dosage.

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »

Hi I take mine just before bed so I never noticed any difference when I started higher dose few weeks ago.  Have you started taking propranalol? That can make you feel slower for a while till you get used to it. X

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »

Hi Millykin - Thank you for your reply.  I've come round a bit more now thankfully.  Now my head feels a bit clearer, I think i'll switch to night times instead. To be honest, I daren't start the Propananol just yet.  I'm really rubbish at taking medication and feel every side effect going! The plan was to take the Prop first for a week or two, then start Femostan when my period came.  However, as my period early, that plan went out of the window!  May try Prop in a week or two, my dosage is quite low 10mg twice a day. 

Just out of interest, did you find it effective for anxiety?

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »

Hi
I was on 80mg slow release capsules, I also took them at night. They did help but only because I had health anxiety terrible palps and I knew my heart wouldn't beat that fast on them lol. They do make you feel slower and bit tired at times. Glad your heads a bit clearer x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »

Hello - I woke up this morning feeling really groggy - had 1 bottle of guiness last night for medicinal purposes! So this morning, I then daren't take my Femostan. I took my Menopace Original tablet and for the rest of the day, i've felt out of it.

Luckily I finished at dinnertime today, came home, burst into tears and went to bed.

I hope to get a new prescription from my gp tomorrow for 1/10 and hope to take that if I feel better.

I feel like asking my GP to sign me off till I get sorted as at the moment, I feel totally useless.

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:22:18 PM »

Oh that's not so good. Maybe 2/10 was too much too restart hopefully 1/10 will get you back on even keel, if you feel you need time off go for it your health and sanity come first. I know what you mean by medicinal purpose with the drink lol I haven't really drank since this meno carry on and if I do try the odd one I don't feel right, all in my head I think! Let us know how you get on x

nelliedee

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »

I am using propranolol 20mg 3 times a day and feel it does help with my anxiety but have a sneaking suspicion it has taken 10 days for my anxiety to drop. Some take 40 mg as and when in one dose to ease anxiety and it does work. I am however taking it every day. I react to lots of meds like you do but I trust this one xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 03:29:42 PM »

Well i‘ve made it to.the end of the week, not sure how but I have.  I can only describe it as being a blur.  Today I feel like my brain is flitting around all over the place and 1 minute i am happy, the next in tears.  This to me confirms that it's the perimenopause that's causing my problems rather than anything else. So today i've restarted at 1/10.  Decided to drink 2 litres of water a day, eat 5 fruit & veg a day, take my vitamins and go to bed at 10.  Fingers crossed, i'll be feeling better soon.  Thanks for your support & reples. xxx

nelliedee

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »

Well done, eat well, drink water, cut caffeine, moderate exercise and you will be fine x