Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this where it all leads?  (Read 19460 times)

babyjane

Re: Is this where it all leads?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »

how did I miss this.  Being a natural pessimist and glass three quarters empty person, this has raised my spirits and set me laughing at myself  ;D

Tiddles

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 06:56:44 AM »

Best thing about reaching this age?  It means I'm not dead :-)
Also:
I've finally worked out what matters and what doesn't
I've come to terms with the fact that I have never and will never look good in a dress
It takes less time to pluck my chin than it used to take when I needed to shave my legs and armpits daily
I'm at peace with buying and wearing comfortable underwear
I can lay on a beach confident in the knowledge that no one is judging my body because no one is giving me a second glance
I don't have the faintest desire to compete with anyone over anything, at work or anywhere else
I have bought all the furniture I'm ever likely to need
After decades of practice I can apply eye make up without getting it all over my face, hands, hair, dressing table

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »

:thankyou:

I know how to pick people who will help at the time but not necessarily become my friend/s
I know to take my time about things, learning to stop, listen, look
I know my husband loves me The Best
Like you - why where a dress  ;D when jeans will do - it's either that or completely naked but don't think that my Village is ready for it

Mushyjam49

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »

Best thing about reaching this age?  It means I'm not dead :-)
Also:
I've finally worked out what matters and what doesn't
I've come to terms with the fact that I have never and will never look good in a dress
It takes less time to pluck my chin than it used to take when I needed to shave my legs and armpits daily
I'm at peace with buying and wearing comfortable underwear
I can lay on a beach confident in the knowledge that no one is judging my body because no one is giving me a second glance
I don't have the faintest desire to compete with anyone over anything, at work or anywhere else
I have bought all the furniture I'm ever likely to need
After decades of practice I can apply eye make up without getting it all over my face, hands, hair, dressing table

I can relate to most of this especially the dress part.... tried a dress on last week in the shop, it was lovely, summery yellow with floral bits and floaty material..... I came out of the changing room and I looked like a cross between pam ayres and my old lesbian PE teacher!!  ;D ;D so I really can relate to the dress bit haha...  I cannot relate to the eye make up bit!!!! I still end up looking like alice cooper's sidekick... ;D but on the plus side, I can now use eyelash curlers without giving myself a major injury!! ;D ;D

Tiddles

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:18 PM »

Mushyjam - that's a skill I haven't yet mastered but am up for the challenge of trying again after reading your success story - who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks ?? :-D xxx
Pages: 1 [2]