Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: First mammogram finds calcification, biopsy failed to get it  (Read 17198 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First mammogram finds calcification, biopsy failed to get it
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

I would be asking if this procedure is really necessary.  Are you taking a list of queries next time?

Sarai

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:26 PM »

I spoke with the consultant radiologist and as the calcium seems hard to catch as it's in the underneath of my boob this will now be the only way to get a sample to give a difinitive answer as to it's nature.
I have the sort of anxious nature that could not bear to watch and wait, so I am stuck.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »

Seems a lot of truma to go through for a 'what if' ………. let us know how you get on!

Pauline

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 06:23:32 PM »

Just been reading this post and it resonates. In 2009 I had a mammo which showed up something the size of a lemon pip near the nipple of the left breast. Horrid shock but had a core biopsy and then removal of the "pip" under GA. The wait between the removal and the path result was awful but thankfully my "pip" was benign. I had yearly checks for three years and am now back on the once every three years mammos.
I am sorry you are going through such a traumatic time and I hope you have resolution soon.

Sarai

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »

Just a follow up, I am having my stupid calcium collection removed under GA, no mean feat for me as I am warfarin so had to come off and bridge with heparin. Without warfarin I feel like death but can't have it again until 2 days after the op.
The surgeon has agreed as the area is tiny to remove all and more as if it's bad so if it is I won't need more surgery.
Wednesday morning 10am, as its tiny I have to have a wire inserted as the surgeon will not be able to see the area with the naked eye. Hopefully I will know by my birthday at the end if the month, by which time it will have been a 3 month journey.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »

Time off work then? listen to your body and rest!  Let us know how you get on  :tulips2:
Pages: 1 2 [3]