Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can any ladies help and relate? i feel so desperate some days  (Read 6591 times)

Micky

Re: Can any ladies help and relate? i feel so desperate some days
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »

Post op was told to take it easy for 4/6 weeks, no lifting, driving etc - no mention of anything else ...Am assuming I will be told/learn more at my post op assessment ..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »

Of course you will need to rest.  But what about the effects of the surgery on the 'rest' of you?

Micky

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »

I understand there are risks as with all surgery, and they explained i could require a bladder repair etc  - but its all personal choice and I would feel happier not having the fear of reproductive cancer/s ...I have spoken to friends and family that have had the procedures, and they have no regrets and said they felt better ..I am incredibly nervous about having any surgery,  but to my mind if I have a choice then prevention is better than cure ...At the moment I am experiencing all sorts of discomfort & erratic goings on, none of it doing my anx & mental health any favours..... I am def coming back as a man..

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »

I had an anterior repair when I had my hysterectomy Micky - is that what you are having done? If so then the usual recovery time is twelve weeks not six so be prepared for that. There is a lot of healing to be done and it is really important that you don't overdo it to stop the repair failing. I've been referred back to uro gynae next week as I keep getting repeated bladder infections which is probably still due to the bladder not being very happy at being manhandled during the op. It's still far more comfy than before I had it done though. We will all be here for you and I'm sure that you will feel very relieved to not have the worry of being able to get cancer in your removed bits!

Taz x

Pauline

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 09:01:43 AM »

I can readily identify with health anxiety. I think it is one of the menopause's many manifestations for many women. The internet definitely has not helped. You can scare yourself into panic mode by researching too closely on it.
I am glad you have a supportive helper to counsel you. It is such a relief to be able to unburden without relationship issues getting in the way and objectivity is a great quality when discussing any form of stress or stress related illness.
For myself, I have found great solace in music. Have you considered taking up an instrument? You are never too old and, if you choose one that can be played as part of a group, that, too, can help a lot.
When I lost my the last of my dear sheep in 2013 and, although I have a good marriage, I went through a very bleak time. My husband's kidneys failed and he had to go on dialysis. The adjustment to this for both of us was very difficult and, for several months, I lived virtually as a widow. I joined a brass band for beginners though and have come through a dark tunnel clasping my euphonium!!
Whatever you feel might help, go for it. I wish you well.

Micky

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 03:35:53 PM »

Thank you Pauline .

I think you are right, in that the internet has given us the ability to gain too much info & its not always a good thing & there is some truth in the saying " ignorance is bliss"....Whilst its obviously wise to be aware and mindful of our bodies, we can tend to think the worst when there is so much negative stuff on the net and in the press etc............I know for a fact that my mother and aunts etc - never experienced the same fears in meno  & can only attribute that the fact the net did not exist & we didn't constantly have adverts and the press mentioning health issues ..... I am now looking into joining a meditation class & just trying to not think or read too much negative stuff.... I no longer read newspapers or magazines & actually find myself turning the volume down when certain adverts come on the tv....I personally find it just can get too overwhelming & can now understand why so many people now experience and suffer with Health anx, and lots of the young suffer with it too ...
Pages: 1 [2]