Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: amitriptyline and weight gain  (Read 28424 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: amitriptyline and weight gain
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »

Limpy, well that has been very helpful, once I have come off the AM and my headaches are to bad and the GP wont give me Nort then I will have a go at the Gabapentin,   :thankyou:

Limpy

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 07:48:21 PM »

It's all a question of trial and error.

:hug:

Limpy

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »

Limpy, well that has been very helpful, once I have come off the AM and my headaches are to bad and the GP wont give me Nort then I will have a go at the Gabapentin,   :thankyou:

Was having a think this morning - You would need to gradually increase the dose of Gabapentin, it's not recommended to start a higher dose straight away. I had come down to 500mg having been on 900mg a day.

Hattie

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »

i was told to take 300mg Gabapentin once a day in the morning for 3 to4 days then take 300mg morning and evening between 4th to 7th day and then 300mg lunchtime so that you are then taking 900mg a day.

Was told that this 900mg is the first effective level for pain and to give it 6 weeks or so to see how things were on that level then titrate up or down after that.

You may find the lower levels ok Moonbeam it was when the consultant told me to go up to 2400mg (800mg x3 a day) that the Gabapentin affected me badly.

A low dose of just 300mg a day may work for you.

Hattie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]