Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 16 Evorel 50 patches 50mcg  (Read 12054 times)

Marsha11

16 Evorel 50 patches 50mcg
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »

Hi to you all.  I am new to the site, but it has been a revelation to read all the ups and downs of Menopause.  I have been a little weepy reading about things that are happening to me are happening to other people.

I was against HRT and was trying to cope myself, but intense flushing and night sweats, together with irritability and the fact that I came out of Lidls and just couldn't recollect where I had parked the car; forced me to seek help.  :-\

I have just started 16 Evorel 50 patches 50mcg.  After two days I felt I was almost getting a sore throat and had a dull headache increasing with intensity through the day and making me feel sick.  I really want to try and stay on it, as I am starting a new job tomorrow, but can anyone tell me if these symtoms pass or if headaches normally continue.  Also I asked to be put on the lowest dose, but I think the above is a medium dose; could anyone confirm?

Marshall  :)

honeybun

Re: 16 Evorel 50 patches 50mcg
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »

:welcomemm:

I take it you have had a hysterectomy as these are oestrogen only.

The side effects do pass and you can minimize them by cutting the patch in half and starting that way. It gives your body a chance to get used to the hormones. You can then build up from there.

Hope this helps.

Honeyb
x

Marsha11

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

Hi Honeyb

I do hope they are not oestrogen based only as the doctor was going to prescribe both, as haven't had a hysterectomy.  The progesterone is that Northisterone and it is two patches per week.

Scared now; anyone shed some further light on this please?

Marshall

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

There are three types of evorel.
Oestrogen only........this is no bleed.
Conti......patches contain both oestrogen and progesterone....this is no bleed.
Sequi....two weeks oestrogen only and two weeks combined oestrogen and progesterone.......this gives a bleed.

Oestrogen only is used when you have no uterus.
Conti for post menopausal women
Sequi for peri menopause.

If you look at the green menu on the left then all the information is there.

Honeyb
x

Marsha11

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »

Bless you Honeyb

Thank god someone is on the ball.  Am currently waiting for the doctor to ring back and wouldn't have known anything was wrong, until you flagged it up.

Thank god we have all these lovely ladies to help!

Marshall  :)

Marsha11

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »

Just to let you know Honeyb.  The doctor prescribed the wrong HRT; so this shows how much this forum is needed and appreciated.

Marshall  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »

Really glad to help.

I have been down the same road as you and this forum was a god send.

Hope you get sorted out soon. Let us know how it goes for you and hopefully once you get the right prescription you will feel much better.

Honeyb
x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »

Also meant to say again, you may want to start on a half (ish) patch to minimize your side effects.
I have been on a conti patch for quite a few years and am cutting down because I know they will want me off it eventually. I manage successfully on a half patch now.

I am nearly 54 and on patches for nearly five years now. First Evorel sequi and now the conti version.

Honeyb
x