Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Visual disturbance for an hour last night  (Read 15997 times)

Scampi

Re: Visual disturbance for an hour last night
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »

An 'epidural' is simply an injection into the epidural cavity in the spinal canal (your brain and spinal cord are protected by a tough membrane called the dura - just outside is a sac containing fat and blood vessels called the epidural sac - 'epidurals' go into this sac/cavity). 

The type used for childbirth (and some surgery) is an epidural anaesthetic, during which local anaesthetic is injected to 'numb' the nerves.

For back pain, steriods can be injected in the epidural cavity - most definitely an epidural injection.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »

:thankyou:  how long do the effects last?

Trey

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »

I've had six epidurals and as Scampi said, simply steroids injected thru the epidural space and I will never have one again.  Steroids decalcify bone and in my case I had a CT which showed tremendous lack of calcium in that very space and in no where else in my bone structure.  CLKD the results last from none to indefinite and depend on the cause of inflammation.  For example a fall with inflammation might be reduced permanently, whereas degenerative disc disease will recur immediately, after a week or possibly two weeks.  I think it is a very stupid procedure, not without risk.  I am very lucky to have a cold laser which stimulates healing with no side effects and because there is not a high profit motive drug companies will try to avoid people learning of the laser. Although  Getting more and more recognized in US for traumatic brain injury, stroke, shingles, muscle, tendon, ligament, back and neck. Drug companies rule....

I think visual disturbances somehow tie in with neck and stress and hormones.  I've had them since I was fifty.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:32:25 PM by Trey »

Rowan

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »

To be honest Trey had told me about the above it was another reason why I cancelled the steroid injections, my back hardly bothers me now since I bought the cold laser Trey recommended.

oldsheep

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »

another seized up neck and jaw last night, bad sleep and scratchy eyes when I opened them when I got up 4x in the night. I think I'd better bring my meno clinic appointment forward if possible, from January.

The grey weather kicks in my brain sensory symptoms but I've not had this headache/exhaustion thing before with visual problems.

I take 100mg progesterone each night and am wondering if progesterone is too dominant? How can you tell?

Rowan

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »

To be honest oldsheep it could well be the daily 100mgs of progesterone, our bodies are not designed post menopause for this large daily amount.

Progesterone cause blood vessels to constrict and be adding to your symptoms.

oldsheep

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »

I don't want to change anything on my own, so will ring tomorrow to see if they can bring it forward.
I so wish I could find a fibromyalgia consultant who is excellent in London (must be one? how to find out)
as this could be a flare.
I've been reading this on fibro and a lot of it makes sense. Warning: it's long.
http://www.lef.org/protocols/immune_connective_joint/fibromyalgia_03.htm
Pages: 1 2 [3]