Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Runny eyes  (Read 7957 times)

Rosebush

Re: Runny eyes
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »

The Consultant at Hospital last year prescribed for me to use, Viscotears liquid Gel one drop 6-8times per day & Lacri-lube at night, my eyes in any wind just watered so much, my vision was impaired, and of course constantly dabbing them dry made them really sore, but both of the above gels have really helped, the watering still happens in cold winds, but no where near as much as it did, so walking on cool days is much more pleasant..xx

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

I read an article a fewmonths ago that said omega 3 & 6 fish oil capsules can help with dry eyes. I suffer with blepharitis and dry eye so I decided to try them. I have been taking them for 12 weeks now and my eyes are much better, just use my eye drops night and morning now and no longer have to use my heated eye bag or bathe with baby shampoo or Blephasol any more.

Milamam

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »

Babyjane, same with me. I use Systain Balance inthe evening now, and Omega3s. My condition was very severe two three years ago and these were the most helpful remedies to alleviate it. I have gotten blefaritis too, due to inflamation of upper lid oil ducts. The doctor explained to me that it is not lack ot tears production for me but little oil secreted from the glans that cause severe dryness, redness , itchiness etc. Aparently, Omega 3s actually improve the secretion of oil from the glands and thus improve the condition.

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »

Meibomian gland dysfunction - snap. I used an heated eye bag to release the clogged up glands but since taking the fish oils I haven't had to. I also use Systane, get it on prescription as I do not pay for my prescriptions.
If I get very tired I feel as though someone has thrown sand in my eyes.
Pages: 1 [2]