Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 62 out now. (Winter issue, Dec 2020)

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: Vitiligo specialists  (Read 1205 times)


  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1188
Vitiligo specialists
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »

GP has finally agreed to refer me for vitiligo as it's on a large part of areas of my face and I'm very self conscious about it. I use a factor 50 tinted sun block but it doesn't help much. The wait on the NHS at our local (broke) hospital is 6 months, plus he says they just do other tinted creams (those all rub off and stain clothes too). He said he thinks best if I use OH's private insurance but I must find out where to go and who to see.
I googled and there's some central London vitiligo clinic who do "phototherapy". I'm very nervous as it's my face and if they made it even worse, that would be awful. Does anyone on here know anything about it or even better, can recommend where I could go? Thanks!