Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

So confused by doctors.....

(1/2) > >>

CP:
 :-\ A while ago I posted that my eyes were dry and itchy below my eyebrows. Last week it had got to the point where it was spreading round my eye, my skin had broken out in patches  of acne and I basically felt pretty crappy.
May is a very busy month for us and I won't lie, I have been very stressed and anxious about everything we have to do but this wasn't helping.
I went to the docs to see if there was anything he could give me for the eyes as I have a dinner thing to attend for my husband in Switzerland this weekend and basically my face was not up to being seen in public!!
Firstly he said it was eczema and when I asked if it was connected to pre meno as I already have had the same thing up my nose and had thrush in the past few weeks  he proceeded to say he thought I was too young for pre meno and no none of this was connected I had just been unlucky. I thought even if stress had caused these things, I seem to be so stressed or anxious so quickly about even the littlest thing. I feel pretty rubbish most of the time, that might be a symptom that had then caused these things but he just said I would know when meno was happening because of changes to my periods etc etc....
I came home feeling soooo confused and a bit deflated. Doctors seem to have such differing opinions about this and to be honest I am now so unsure if I am pre meno or not. I know my symptoms, I know the last doc agreed she thought I was, my Mum thinks I am.....I am writing this at 2.45am wide awake even though I have been travelling all day and I am knackered.
I am so fed up with the not knowing about pre meno, it's seems such an unknown area with docs.
Has anyone ever felt like this?

Suzyq:
Go with your gut feelings! I asked for 5 years and kept getting ignored! Go back and ask for testing of hormones or get done privately. The biggest thing for me was finally having a reason for all the crappy symptoms, which allowed me to then relax ....

Tabbycat:
You can get peri symptoms for years before you get the "normal" signs of menopause. Looking back, I can see I had symptoms from about the age of 40 but I still had regular periods and no sign of the menopause. Even seven years later when I had a lot of symptoms - irregular periods, lack of energy, mood swings, anxiety - blood tests showed normal hormone levels so my (female!) GP at the time said it wasn't the menopause.

I had similar dry skin patches around my chin for ages - I looked and felt really scuzzy! Makeup made it look worse. My GP said it was thrush and recommended Caneston, which I have to say did help - although I don't think you can use it around your eyes.

It could be worth experimenting with different moisturisers because you might have become sensitive to the one you normally use.

Rowan:
Maybe some tips here CP

http://www.seniorwomen.com/hfs/articles/articlesBaileySeborrheicDermatitis.html

Have you thought of thought seeing a Dermatologist?

Getting stressed can boost testosterone which could cause skin problems too. You also might also be lacking in essential fatty acids, Borage oil is very good for the skin.

It does sound as if your hormones are in a flux here is a link  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2324019/Menopause-The-unexpected-signs-youre-hit-it.html

There are things you could try to balance your hormones and as Susyq says it maybe a good idea to see a doctor  privately, progesterone is the first hormone to lessen and there are ways of dealing with this and calm things down

CLKD:
Blood tests are never conclusive!

"too young" should never be an excuse not to treat symptoms  >:(

See a Pharmacist?  Could it be ring-worm?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version