Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Tingling in face and extremities after change of HRT HELP!

(1/1)

Lilyloos:
 I've just had my HRT changed from Premique ultra low dose to Climagest 2mg and I am panicking as have pins and needles on my face and sometimes extremities, can a change in HRT do this?  HRT changed because of bad anxiety, sleepless nights, palpitations, fatigue, tearfulness, I am turning into a hypochondriac and am sure GP is fed up of me now.  Bloods ok and thyroid ok.  ECGs ok as I ended up going to a and e due to racing heart.  LL x

CLKD:
we have someone else here who has similar symptoms -

Galadriel:
Hi Lilyloos,

Welcome to the forum  :welcomemm:

You are not alone with the weird facial symptoms

When I first started hrt last year I was put on Prempak C, same oestrogen as your hrt but a higher dose. Within 6 weeks I developed tingling in my face...left side and then it moved to the right side. It scared the heck out of me as I was convinced I was having a stroke. The muscles in my neck and jaw went into spasm. I also had palpitations, high levels of anxiety etc. Every new symptom brought waves of anxiety and a feeling that something serious was wrong.

In January this year I was changed to climagest 1mg but have recently come off altogether for a wee break to see how my body copes without hrt.
My facial symptoms are much reduced , they get worse when I'm stressed and my overall anxiety levels are back to what counts as normal for me ;)

My guess is that the sudden increase from low dose to 2mgs has been too big for you...hence the palpitations and anxiety and tingling.

This is going to be easier typed/read than done but try not to worry so much and see if your doc can change you to a patch or gel, you can tinker around with the dose till you get the levels right for you.

Galadriel x

Lilyloos:
Bless you Galadriel!
I'm seeing GP in 2 weeks so in the meantime am going to take one every other day to see if that helps, I too thought/was convinced I was having a mini stroke or some awful neurological condition was beginning to manifest itself.  I do have anxiety but can usually keep a lid on it ::) however these last 2 months have been grim, I'll see if another 2 weeks settles on this dose and if not will ask for patch or gel. Xx

CLKD:
It's weird some of these feelings  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version