Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best non-running/walking weight bearing exercise?  (Read 14875 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best non-running/walking weight bearing exercise?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »

Join the Q on the worry front, I'm first  ::) - DH tells me that if I don't have something to worry about I find a problem  ::)   ::)

Peppermint and spearmint are different plants, certainly they have different flavours …….

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »

Peppermint is a cross between spearmint and another mint apparently there are over 200 varieties in the mint family.  Certainly I prefer spearmint rennies ;-).  I HATE toothpaste  :sick02: - flavour, texture, feeling of it in my mouth and as for swallowing it  :beaurk:

How are R today?

oldsheep

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:04 AM »

getting nervous for tomorrow! Getting frustrated at the inability to go swimming too.
Q: how do you get OFF aquaphor? I'm not allowed to use soap or any shower gel, just water. It's water proof?!

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »

It will wear off as the skin erodes ;-). 

I am sure tomorrow will be fine, do you have someone to go along with you?  Take a list!  Anticipation is worse than the event in most cases (try telling my gut that  >:( )

Wish I lived nearer  :-\

Linsey44

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »

Hi oldsheep, sorry you are having a rough time and that you can start enjoying swimming again soon.

Only mint tea i can drink is 3 mint by pukka, much nicer than anyone other one.

Take care x

oldsheep

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »

Hi oldsheep, sorry you are having a rough time and that you can start enjoying swimming again soon.

Only mint tea i can drink is 3 mint by pukka, much nicer than anyone other one.

Take care x

don't know that one, I'll have to investigate! Thanks x
I'm just going to aquaphor and go for a short swim as it's sunny and I'm going mad. I don't think it will make things worse (touch all fake IKEA wood in the flat).
I bought some teapigs mint tea at great expense and it's quite bitter.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »

Mint is bitter  ;) ……….. did you swim?

oldsheep

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »

I bought a little tin of Vaseline, like you use for lips. I used it elsewhere! Keep it in my swim bag though I think  ;D
Seems a bit less irritating on the area than aquaphor. Maybe not as strong?

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »

Probably easier to apply too?  It may attach to the skin in a different way which makes it feel easier?

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »

Well there won't be much non-weight bearing at the weekend for 1000s, booked into the London Marathon!  Anyone going to watch? if I am up early enough I may watch on the TV whilst I'm eating brekkie.   
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »

I had to go to physical therapy for my collar bone. They have me use resistant bands. You can start out light and increase as you feel. I use them for both my legs and upper body. They make various types. You can do them in the rain and when its snowing not like walking outside. :D 

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:21 PM »

It's been and gone again  ::) ...... I didn't see any of it this year as we were already out and about.  However: should a participant be as 'ill' as that person appeared as he headed to the finishing line yesterday? surely the Medics should have eased him out rather than another competitor taking his arm and assisting him over the line? 

Mbrown001

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »

He wasn't unwell though. He just was suffering from the end of marathon wobbles and was kn***ed.

Did you never watch one Brownlee brother do something very similar. He grabbed his brother and half carried and half shoved him over the finish line.

Thing was the cameras caught this happening to one young man. It will have happened time and time again on the race. It's what they expect to be honest. Some throw up and carry on, some lie down and need help, some just give up.
I'm very glad this young man got his opportunity to finish what he had no doubt trained for, for months on end.
Well done to the one man who did not just run past.

Restores my faith in human nature and this was it at its very best.

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

His body was un-well.  Lack of sugar plus dehydration? so he needs to learn when to eat/drink whilst running!  I used to faint when cycling - we would have a 'good' breakfast then head out for a long ride ....... took a couple of trips B4 we linked the food and exercise to my keeling over.  When I saw the Brownlee situation I wondered if in fact I would have stopped for my sibling   :-X .  Don't think I would have to be honest but left her to the medics..

Always knew that running is bad for us ;-)

Pages: 1 2 [3]