Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Feeling terrible and Need to Vent :(

(1/3) > >>

Kathleen:
Hello ladies. I'm sorry to moan but I feel so awful and need to talk. I've woken up today feeling really sick and dizzy, my head aches and I could cry. I have no energy or enthusiasm and spent most of yesterday just laying around. It's hard to believe hormones can do this.

I am 57, post meno and have been on patches for three months. Do you ladies think I should carry on with the HRT and hope things improve or should I take a break and see what happens?  I began HRT because I was experiencing constant jittery feelings and palpitations and I was desperate to feel better but that certainly hasn't happened yet!

I'm feeling so low and confused by it all, I just want a bit of normality for a change.

Thank you for reading and sending my best wishes to you all. This is a rough ride, that's for sure.

Take care.

K.

toffeecushion:
I can't really offer much advice as I haven't managed to persuade my GP that I am perimenopausal, so have no experience of HRT.  But I do sympathize.  I have suffered with the dizzy spells and nausea, they have been more or less constant over the past couple of days and I have spent this morning in tears.  I feel at breaking point, I wish my GP would listen to me instead of my FSH blood test.  Like you, I just want to feel normal again.

Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Taz2:
Which patches are you on Kathleen?

Taz x

Kathleen:
Hello toffeecushion and thank you for the reply.

I hope things improve for you too.

Take care.

K. :hug:

Kathleen:
Hello Taz2 and thanks for your message.

I'm on Evorel patches, 50 at the moment having just increased from 25. As I am post meno I have no idea if these levels are right or not. I'm just playing it all by ear and confusing myself into the bargain!

The trouble is I find it so hard to think straight at times like this and that is why the comments of other women are so helpful.

I need to go offline for a while but I will check in to the forum later today.

Wishing you well.

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version