Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Blood tests

(1/2) > >>

angelindskiexx:
I've been struggling with my weight for some time now and recently joined weightwatchers and the gym to try to reduce the weight.  However, I've been in so much pain with various joints and tendons that it'ssometimes difficult to exercise.  I need to go and exercise this evening but not feeling up to it but I guess I need to force myself to get out there.

I've just called my GP surgery for blood test results...  I have a blood profile of 215 whatever that means and they have told me my cholesterol is high at 7.2! Just how high is that??  I am also waiting for the results of a foot x-ray because it's been difficult to walk on it at times-  I googled Rhematoid Arthritis yesterday and seem to have all of the symptoms which is worrying me.....    I couldn't get an appointment with my regular GP so I've booked in to see another GP who to be honest, I can't stand her.....  I've been on a very high protein diet to try to lose the weight - could it be this that's pushed up my cholesterol?  I have 2 eggs for breakfast every day........   I really do feel like I'm falling apart.  My hands and arms are really aching even typing this.  And I am so tired...  I don't feel rested after a good nights sleep.  I just don't feel well,  I don't feel healthy, and all of this is making me so anxious...........  Anyone have any adive for me please? Sorry to go on.

Jess

Rowan:
Did you get a full blood test including one for inflammation angel ? I always ask for a printout and then  google to interpret. Your cholesterol is high but did they test your triglycerides, if they are low or normal there is less worry.

Its possible if you have followed a an Atkins type Diet which includes too many fats of the wrong kind that this could have pushed your cholesterol up, but sugar, and the wrong type of carbs can do it too. Stress plays a part too as well as inherited high cholesterol. Exercise does help to bring down cholesterol levels.

I should not worry about eggs they are not demonised now and is OK to include them in your diet.

Tendon and joint pain can be caused by many things it can come and go too even according to the weather, if it is caused by inflammation then 

NSAIDs http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anti-inflammatories-non-steroidal/Pages/Introduction.aspx can help or if you want something more natural  the omegas 3 and 6 ( borage oil and fish oils)

Its hard to advise until you have been given a diagnosis of what is causing you body and hand pain and that means going through the NHS ticking off list, and even then you maybe told its mechanical and offered pain killers and physiotherapy, if it is arthritis ( there are many kinds) you maybe offered preventative drugs to stop it getting worse, osteoarthritis pain can come and go according to flare ups but is not always progressive.

I have not talked about menopause and HRT as you have not mentioned it in your post and it is not necessarily related.

Not sure if any of this is will be of help.

Joyce:

I used to have a highish cholesterol level too 6.1. Now down to 4.7. Took exercising & cutting down on food to lower it. One thing I've consciously cut down on is eggs. I used to eat quite a few in a week, I like egg sandwiches  ;) Maybe just coincidence, of course. Think exercise is the main thing though. I'm not in the least athletic, but swimming worked for me.

As for your foot pain, it could be plantar fasciitis. I had this, walking was very painful.

Taz2:
Hi Angel - my doc is testing my vitamin D levels as my symptoms are similar to yours. Do you also have weakness in your forearm muscles and thigh muscles or find it difficult to grip things with finger and thumb. If you are someone who isn't outside much then your level might be low.

Taz x

angelindskiexx:
Awe - thank you all so much for replying.... appointment with doctor this afternoon and busy getting ready but will come back to this thread later....

:thankyou: :thankyou:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version