Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Sound advice  (Read 24880 times)

thorntrees

Re: Sound advice
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »

Thank you again Silverlady, found this site really interesting and have bookmarked it for future reference.

Rowan

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »

Rowan

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »

Headlines on front page of Daily Express

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488344/Over-the-counter-pills-key-to-combating-arthritis

Old info but new research.

Rowan

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »

Advantages of cutting your sugar levels, hard but it helps with health

http://drmirkin.com/public/ezine111509.html

Rowan

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »

Rowan

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »

For those not taking HRT

A. Protestergone boosting foods:

Avocado /avocado oil
 Raw nut and seeds
 Olives/ olives oil
 Organic milk-based products
 Organic beef ( has small amount of progesterone)
 Herbs (turmeric,oregano and thyme)
 Food containing vitamin C
 Foods containing zinc ( red meat, shellfish, beans,and turkey)
 Apple (Try to eat around three portions of fruit a day along with two portions of vegetables.)

B. Foods that affect Cortisol Levels

Foods with a high glycemic index cause cortisol levels to rise. (high in sugar and refined starches)
 Foods with a low glycemic index cause cortisol level to lower (eggs, meats, poultry, fish and vegetables.)

C. Foods with HIGH estrogen levels

Flaxseed
 Soybean and soybean products
 Sesame seed
 Multigrain bread

D. Testosterone boosting foods:

Banana
 Oyster
 Avocado
 Organic egg
 Liver
 Asparagus
 Salmon
 Beef
 Turkey
 Chicken
 Yogurt
 Mustard greens
 Swiss chard

E. Foods that increase DHEA:

Omega-3 fatty acids (olive oil, salmon and flax seeds.)

Rowan

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »

My dear girl, the day you see I'm getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I'm going through. If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don't interrupt to say: "You said the same thing a minute ago"... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don't want to take a bath, don't be mad and don't embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don't look at me that way ... remember, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life's issues every day... the day you see I'm getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I'm going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we're talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can't, don't be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don't let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked. When those days come, don't feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love. I'll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I've always had for you, I just want to say, I love you ... my darling daughter.

Original text in Spanish and photo by Guillermo Peña.
 Translation to English by Sergio Cadena

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »

:'(  ………..  :thankyou:

Rowan

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »

My dear girl, the day you see I'm getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I'm going through. If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don't interrupt to say: "You said the same thing a minute ago"... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don't want to take a bath, don't be mad and don't embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don't look at me that way ... remember, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life's issues every day... the day you see I'm getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I'm going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we're talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can't, don't be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don't let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked. When those days come, don't feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love. I'll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I've always had for you, I just want to say, I love you ... my darling daughter.

Original text in Spanish and photo by Guillermo Peña.
 Translation to English by Sergio Cadena

Lovely although it did make my eyes leak a bit  :'(

Rowan

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »

This is a tad long but stick with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZQpsXUsfw

Rowan

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »

http://www.realfarmacy.com/11-things-humans-do-that-dogs-hate/ 

Found this good advice when you meet a dog you like  :)

Rowan

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »

Don't we all   :)

Rowan

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »

I think these supplement should be considered long before sixty.

http://sixtyandme.com/important-supplements-for-the-aging-body/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:16:15 PM by silverlady »

Rowan

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6