Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: poor clotting in blood test what does it mean?  (Read 7625 times)

valiantkate

Re: poor clotting in blood test what does it mean?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »

Sorry not been on the site for a while, computer died and Ive been unwell, a really messy couple of months. It seems that the haematologists arent concerned about my son, they say his clotting results may be normal for him. He's still tired and so thin but doesnt like me fussing!!! I'm the one putting weight on!

valiantkate

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »

He had acute disseminated enchephaliomytis ADEM a while back and he has never picked up really- this involed his brain swelling amongst a lot of other stuff. I think his iron levels are OK and they didnt detect anything else apart from poor
 clotting. it is worth mentioning though and I am so glad you have your lively daughter back!!!! :foryou:

joyce21

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 12:55:17 PM »

Hi Valiant

I've just come across your thread,I was diagnosed with something called Von Willebrand disease a few years ago now, I used to have heavy nose bleeds all the time as a child, and growing up i was painfully thin etc, I was always pun on Iron tablets at my 1st anti-natal appointments etc i could go on lol, but never ever knew there was something wrong with me, just thought that was the way I was made. then whenh my son was little he need minor surgery, but because his dad had Haemophilia, they wanted to just check he was ok, when the blood test results came back they said he had VW, so maybe they had his dads diagnosis wrong all these years, in order to comfirm this they would need to test me, if I came back negative then that's where it came from, but, shock horror, i came back positive!!!
You can google it to give you all the details, see if it matches him, apparently it's far more common than most people realise, but it means you miss the glue that holds a clot together long enough for the healing to happen,. But it's affected by hormones and adrenalin, so you clot normally at 1st, but as soon as your levels return to normal, then the clot breaks down and bleeding starts, this is why they sometimes have a problem when they take blood if the person is nervous having it done, their levels will be high. if you want to ask me anything feel free, either here or PM me. good luck.

Joyce x

valiantkate

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »

Sounds worth a look, he's seeing the haematology consultant on the 19th so I hope they may shed some light on whats going on. He does have loads of nose bleeds- IKe was one of the best, he sat and just bled out of his nose, in the end the whole place looked like a blood bath. Oh the poor staff, they were wonderful though. He's OK in himself, tired and thin and pale but the humour is still there. Will let you know. Many thanks xxxx ;)
Pages: 1 [2]