Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 2977 times)

Ali08

New member introduction
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »

Hello ladies and fellow sufferers of the dreaded menopause. I was referred to this site by my doctor after being at the absolute end of my tether and feeling unable to cope! For the last 18 months I have not had a proper nights sleep, I'm luckily if I doze off about 3am for a couple of hours and now added to this is the night sweats which are making sleep almost impossible. I can so understand why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture! What I wouldn't give for a full nights sleep. Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself and say that even just reading a few posts on this site has made me realise I'm not alone in this and I'm not going mad - just getting older!  :'( x

Dancinggirl

Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

Hi and Welcome Ali08
Have you considered HRT? Life is short and if the lack of sleep is impairing your quality of life it may well be worth giving it a try.  Meno symptoms can go on for years!!!! DG x

Ali08

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

My doctor had been trying to persuade me onto HRT for the last 18 months. I finally gave in last week and agreed to go on it. Started it last Thursday so I'm hoping to get some relief from the sleeping disorder and sweats soon. Fingers crossed.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:58:55 PM »

Hi Ali08 - Welcome

You have done the right thing in starting HRT.
It's helped me a lot with both sweats and sleeping problems. It may take a few months to settle down but you have taken the first step. If you don't get on with it don't panic, there are different types which can be tried - see Green Menu on left

Wombat

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »

Hi Ali08

This site is a life saver....your GP is very switched on to recommend this site

All the ladies on here are very helpful and perhaps most importantly we all laugh at ourselves too

Wombat x

Ali08

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »

Well 1 week into HRT and I can honestly say the night sweats are already not as bad as they have been over the last few weeks/months. It's not made a blind bit of difference to my sleeping so far but hopefully that will come in time. This site though has been a god send. I've realised No I'm not actually going mad but my goodness what a debilitating thing the menopause can be for so many women!!

Wombat

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »

Welcome to the wide awake club.....night times seem to conspire agains us needing sleep ::)

Hope you rest well tonight

Wombat x

Suzyq

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:25 AM »

Welcome ali08! Hope you get on well with hrt and with the lovely members here. Ask lots of questions - everybody is here to help and share