Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breast Problem  (Read 10580 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast Problem
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »

I tend to go into the Surgery to make an appt., often being told that I can have one at the large surgery in town 4 years ago but there aren't any here - however, the waiting room is NEVER full!

Could your GP give you a phone call if there isn't an appt.?

what was that about :  :o "4 years ago" that should have read 4 miles away  :-\ ……….  :-[
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:06:43 PM by CLKD »

lubylou

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »

I hope you have managed to get an appointment with your GP
Lubylou

LilFeather

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

Sorry for this "odd" pain you are getting.  I have to wonder if there is some connection to the changes in the layers of fat and our skin itself where nerve endings are embedded and what you are feeling?  Is there any chance a nerve ending has become too close to the surface and thus is getting irritated?

Just thinking here.  Could be way off.....

mazzy

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »

Finally got an appointment with my GP, although its for 2wks today.  Was told that he has some book on the day appointments for 2 days next week, which I will try for.

My Sister examined me yesterday and said everything felt normal to her, no lumps or bumps. We had quite a laugh, I always said she should have been a Nurse.  She gets Cysts in her breasts and she said feel mine, hers were definitely lumpy.

Put my mine at rest a bit now.

Mazzy ::)

mazzy

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »

hi everyone.

Finally got to see my GP this morning about my breast pain.  He did another examination of both of my breasts (although its only the left one) and again he said that he could feel no lumps and everything felt normal.

He tried to reassure me that he didn't think that anything sinister was going on but said that to be on the safe side and to put my mind at rest he was going to refer me to the breast clinic.  As I came out told me to try not to worry but that's impossible.

He said that I should get an appointment fairly quick and they with probably do another Mammogram, followed by an Ultra Sound.  He also said that tests might not find any reason for this pain.

Really need to find out now as I am getting paranoid

Mazzy x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »

Your GP is correct. He can find nothing sinister on clinical examination.  Hormones can cause weird pains I had them in my breasts for years ……… but breast cancer is rarely painful ………

Jane44

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »

Just to say I have had the same feeling really weird when you get it and you immediately go searching for a lump as you can almost pinpoint the spot. But thankfully nothing there. Am thinking its just hormonal  along with everything else !!

mazzy

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 09:48:27 PM »

Finally have got my appointment at the Breast Clinic next Wednesday.  The Hospital phoned me yesterday and backed it up with a confirming letter today.

Feel really nervous about going now.  The Hospital letter said that I should be prepared to be there for about 3 hrs. The pain is still there and I have all sorts of things going through my head and I really want it over and done with now.

My Sister said that they will probably do another Mammogram and back it up with an Ultra scan.  I just hope that I get some answers good or bad.

Will let everyone know how I get on.

Mazzy x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »

The important issue is to take a list of worries with you  ;)

tiger74

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 06:08:51 PM »

Best wishes for Wednesday.  Hopefully it will be a 'one stop shop' similar to the one at my local hospital.  That way you will have some answers on the day.  Yes, I agree with your sister, a mammogram followed by an ultrasound scan is the most likely scenario.  Is someone coming with you to listen to what is said, keep you company in the waiting and other rooms (except mammography room, obviously)?

mazzy

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »

Just come back from the Breast Clinic.  Only had a Mammogram done, as the Consultant was happy that everything was ok. He could give me  no reason for the pain but said it wasn't  Cancer.
He told me to increase my Evening Primrose dosage and take pain killers if it was too  bad.

I am just so releived about it. Will sleep a lot easier tonight.

Mazzy x

tiger74

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »

Good to hear.  Glad you had it checked and have had your worries dispelled. 

Galadriel

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

Good news mazzy.

I always breathe a sigh of relief when I get the all clear after a mamogram. :)

Regarding increasing the Evening Primrose oil - you could swap to Starflower oil as it has much more of the active ingredient (GLA). My breast surgeon recommended this for me as I suffer from breast cysts - works exceptionally well for me and keeps cyclical pain manageable.

Galadriel x
Pages: 1 [2]