Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Wish I hadn't googled it...........  (Read 5275 times)

groundhog

Wish I hadn't googled it...........
« on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »

Hi ladies.  I don't think this is meno related but I am wondering if u can help or advise. 
I have a vast medical history with chrons disease and endometriosis blah blah.  For the last 12 months at least tho I have had a pain in my right kidney area which is much much worse at night.  S much so I don't sleep well and have to take pain killers around 5am to enable me to go back to sleep.   I haven't been to doctors as I thought it can't serious if it's only there at night but I have just googled at and it seems nocturnal back pain is a big no no and indicative of tumour on spine.  I am obviously now worried.  I will go doctors when I can get an appointment.  This is the trouble with the Internet isn't it - little knowledge bad thing. 
I'm tryng to be logical as this pain has been here for years maybe - I remember buying a new expensive bed thinking it was that but no joy.
Just wanted to share it with you ladies in the hope someone has some words of wisdom xxx

honeybun

Re: Wish I hadn't googled it...........
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:55:50 PM »

Sorry no words of wisdom just.    :kick:

Stop googling, it could really be anything and if it's been going on for years it's most likely muscular or the position you sleep in.
Go see your GP for your peace of mind and stay away from worse case scenario.com

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »

Hi groundhog. Although you have discovered that nocturnal back pain can be one of the symptoms of a spinal tumour it IS only one of the symptoms. I feel sure that after twelve months if it was a tumour you would be suffering from much more than back pain so try not to worry about that.

I do feel you should make an appointment though to discuss the pain with your GP. It's a shame to put up with pain each night if there is a something that can be done. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :bighug:

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:10:40 PM »

Thanks ladies.  The pain has been there for ages and yes I a very good at scaring myself with worst case scenarios.  I have sort of got used to the pain and as life is full on ATM with other peoples problems lol I have put off going to docs.  Plus of course I am checked quite often for gynae problems as in I have pelvic scans etc.  I will make docs appt in morning.  It is a nightmare not sleeping.  I go to bed and make a mental note of the fact I have no pain and then about 4am I can hardly move - the pain is bad and I roll out of bed to take some tabs. 
Thanks for your words of wisdom ladies - it helps xxx

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:56:04 AM »

Let us know how you get on. Every thing seems worse in the middle of the night.

Make a little time for you if you can and get it checked out.

:hug:

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »

Groundhog - Go see your GP and get checked out.
Please stop fretting........   :bighug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »

That sounds more like muscular spasm which wakes you.  I have pains in my legs at night and burning down my thighs probably postural  ::)

If the pain is eased by medication then it's probably not serious ……. let us know!

lubylou

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »

Hi Groundhog,

Take it from someone who has had loads of diagnostic tests for all sorts of things before getting a definitive diagnosis (including an MRI to look for spinal cord tumours and trauma), that if you had a tumour on your spine by now you would be in agony and have neuropathic pain starting with numbness and pins and needles in your legs and feet and then much worse stuff.

But it is best to get any pain symptoms which don't go away and there is no obvious cause (e.g. a physical injury) checked out by your GP. We all get aches and pains as we get older ;)

Lubylou

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »

Yes I know thanks ladies.  Meno brain and anxiety are one of my go biggest problems.  It is odd though that I can be fine all day yet come 5 or 6am every morning I'm grappling for pain killers as I can't lie in any position without experiencing quite bad pain.
I am seeing doctor tomorrow - I will let you know what she says - thanks again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »

You may sleep heavily then as you wake you notice the painful area.  Let us know!

Annika

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »

Hope you get on aright at the doctors Groundhog...i would think it would be a relief to find out what the heck is causing it. I know the Googling thing can strike panic in most of us and usually it turns out to be something minor. Maybe its kidney stone or just a bad mattress..let us know how you do. I threw my mattress out the bloody thing never softened a bit over the year we had it and always caused awful backaches and hip pain to the point of my legs going numb. Got a new one never had any trouble after that. Good luck hun.. :cat88:

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

:bighug: I hope you get the reassurance you need.

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »

:thankyou: