Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

weight!!!!!!!

(1/6) > >>

countrybumpkin:
Due to a combination of genetics, underactive thryoid that is never stable and lack of exercise due to spinal problems I have always been 4 stones overweight even though I eat the same as someone at weightwatchers >:( >:(  If I ate normally goodness knows what size i would be.

I am now post menopausal having not had a period for past 18 months and slowly my weight has crept up over past 6 months so I am nearly 5 stones overweight now :o :o  Gp said this is directly due to the menopause.

My Gp is very sympathetic and believes my food diary that i keep religiously but says only answer is to eat even less, unless I can increase my exercise.
Between a rock and a hard place.

Anyone else on here having the same problems with weight??

I can't drive due to being partially sighted so getting to a slimming class is not really fair on my husband who is my constant taxi driver poor soul.

Is anyone interested in being an email diet friend?

CLKD:
Could you have a personal trainer at home for some education in gentle exercise, maybe a gift from husband/friend/family?  Or perhaps there is someone at the 'gym' who would collect you or try the local blind organisation to see if there are volunteer drivers?

Line dancing?  Perhaps something hubby can join in with, have you asked him how he feels about being your 'driver'?  You may be surmising that he is 'fed up' but in actual fact  ;)

honeybun:
You can join weight watchers online and do it from home so no need to go to classes. Not sure if there is maybe a support forum as well but maybe worth a look.

You can post here anytime and we will give you all the encouragement that we can. Have you thought of asking your GP for a referral to a dietician and also a physio. One for diet advice and one for exercises that would be suitable for you. Your GP should really be able to help you with this.

Honeyb
x

Galadriel:
Hi countrybumpkin.

There is a great community support forum on WW online site. There are a number of membership options for on-line members and you can track food, weight, measurements etc to suit yourself :)

I was a member for a few years, just on line. I dropped 2.5 stone over a year. I found it really good for me and my lifestyle. I walked to start with, then walked faster, and finally got into a decent enough shape to ride a bike!

I'm still managing to stay more or less on target.

I hope you find a workable solution for you  :)

Galadriel x

Joyce:
I started swimming last year to help me lose some weight. It was slow coming off but after nearly 8 months I lost nearly 2 stones, that and a calorie controlled diet which I stuck to most of the time. I'm not a brilliant swimmer, but 30 minutes 4/5 times a week certainly helped me. 

As for dieting I used an app on my tablet, to keep me on the straight & narrow. It was free. Know a few who have used it & had similar success. In fact friend of son's girlfriend has used it to lose weight for her upcoming wedding in May. She's lost heaps & looks FAB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version