Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New but no questions lol  (Read 2567 times)

Alib123

New but no questions lol
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:30:59 AM »

Hi all, ive been reading a lot over the past month or so, so i already have the info i need lol but im just saying Hi  ;D

I had my blood test 2 months ago and yes im Peri...even though i knew that anyway and apart from hot flushes at night all is well.(prob jinxed that now!)

Although i am already fed up of not sleeping very well and its not helpful when i work 3 nights a week  :(
So if off to buy starflower today  ;)

Ali

Joyce

Re: New but no questions lol
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »

Hi there & welcome.

I've been taking starflower since I've reduced my HRT. Still get a few daytime flushes, but none, so far, at night. Not sure if starflower has done this or not though. Don't go buying too many initially. Much as I'd like to believe they help, I'm not convinced they could replace HRT.

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »

Hi Alib123  :welcomemm:

I've been taking starflower for years to help keep breast cysts under control. I'm off back to see the surgeon as I've had a flare-up... and the likely cause? Not wearing my specs when I went to buy the last big bottle of capsules! :oops:

I thought I'd bought starflower (around 200mg/day GLA). Instead I bought Evening Primrose Oil (80mg/day GLA)!!! So I've accidentally carried out a blind trial on myself. Put my specs on in the shop yesterday when I went to buy more supplies!! :rofl:

Incidentally, I'm peri to and on HRT to regulate my cycle. Just changed from Prempak-C to Climagest last Friday. So far so good... but reserving judgement until I take the other tabs in the pack...

Galadriel x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »

:welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »

:welcomemm:

Wombat