Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bust gets in the way of the notes!  (Read 30901 times)

Joyce

Re: Bust gets in the way of the notes!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

Seen this today, don't know how I missed it  ;D

dulciana

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »

Yes, it really is a man's world, sometimes, CLKD!   And there's also the long, high organ bench which the men can just swing their legs round to get off after they've finished playing.  Not me, in my skirts!   The music I was thinking of when I first posted this was the Widor Toccata.  It really has to have been written by a man - in the middle of the piece, your right foot is playing pedal notes away over on the right, while your left is stretching away over to the left.  Add a skirt into the equation and you've got a really ungainly sight!!  (As anyone behind the organist can see!)
 ;D

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »

Oh dear!  ;D Long floaty skirts I hope. I'd need to wear trousers.  Hope it's going well though dulciana.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »

::) ………… sliding seat required then?  Nice piece of polished oak or chestnut on which to sit ……...

dulciana

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »

Thanks, Cubagirl!

Hmmmmm, CLKD.................!    Not too polished, or I'll fall off into the pedals while I'm playing!   (That's another thing - if your clothes don't have enough grip, you can slither around in the middle of all the fancy footwork!) But a piece of felt, on top of the nice piece of polished oak or chestnut, and me on top of that?  Maybe! 

:sigh: Oh, the pitfalls!  You have to do it for love.........!
D.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:03:03 PM by dulciana »

Wombat

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »

Padded cycling shorts perhaps !

dulciana

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »

Now, there's an idea!

Limpy

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »

Dulciana - Not sure whether it would help but "sticky bum jodhpurs" may help you stop sliding around on polished wood seats. They are sometimes used when riding to reduce slipping when sat on shiny leather saddles. They are available in black..........

dulciana

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »

Limpy - never having ridden a horse, I wouldn't  have thought (or even known) about these, but thank you very much for the suggestion.  These could be really useful.  Do they allow for any leg movement, do you know?  It's just because I do have to move my legs to the left or right sometimes, if the pedal notes go high or low.   Also, do you know where I could get them?
Many thanks for a great idea!
 :)

Limpy

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »

They do allow for leg movement - There's quite bit of leg movement involved in horse riding. The simple act of mounting involves a lot of leg movement, those legs have to be free!

I got mine from a local tack / saddlery shop which sells jodhpurs, gloves, riding hats etc. When I rang to see if they stocked them it caused much mirth, as the woman on the other end thought it was a mate of hers just winding her up, this from a woman who knew full well what they were! Mine had a suede seat which was very comfortable sadly I can't remember the make. They really do stop you slipping, how much sliding do you require when you play?.

dulciana

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »

Thanks Limpy.  I need to be able to swivel on the seat up to about 45 degrees either way.   If these would allow for that, I could be interested. 

Limpy

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

Dulciana - Sadly, I fear they may not allow the amount of swivel you need, ah well  ::)

How about a small piece of chamois leather under where you sit?

dulciana

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »

That's a pity.  Thanks anyway, Limpy.  Looks a though chamois leather or felt will probably have to do. 

Ju Ju

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »

Hi Dulciana,

Thought of you today during yoga class today! Yes I know you should be concentrating on your breathing, but my boobs kept getting in the way! Ju Ju xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3