Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A new life  (Read 18236 times)

Mrs January

Re: A new life
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

Thanks Honeybun

He has been doing it for ages and you would think he would have better things to do now I have left as he asked!

I will sort a new profile and I do have a Gmail account that will give me privacy for the future thta a freind of mine set up for me.

Love and hugs

Mrs J

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »

Make sure that the 'friend' isn't passing on information though  :-\ ………. find out how to set a password then make it entirely your own!

My DH would never dream of reading what I type, nor would he open my mail when it arrives  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »

Hubby and I share an email account and a laptop. He knows my passwords for every thing. He doesn't look at MM but to be honest I really don't mind. I have nothing to hide.

He also rummages in my handbag and raids my purse.   ;D. No secrets between us.

Difficult if it's an ex partner though. In that case it's very intrusive.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »

We would never 'raid' each other, we even have different cupboards to hide gifts in until the various celebrations  ;D ........ it's a matter of respect.

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »

We have respect but we also have closeness and absolutely nothing to hide.
We have always been the same right from day one.

It's what makes for equality in our house. Why would a close couple hide anything apart from Xmas and birthday gifts.
No need I think and it works for us.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »

I kept hubby clear of my tablet. He would have been on it all the time otherwise. But he has his own now. He could have worked out the password if he'd thought hard enough.  ::) ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 07:05:10 PM »

We don't have anything to hide either. (Except the odd item of clothing I buy and 'forget' to mention).

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

We don't have anything to hide either. (Except the odd item of clothing I buy and 'forget' to mention).

Everyone knows they don't count ;)

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »

Wont he be able to hack your Gmail too if he has already managed to hack your other email account?

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »

Mrs J - Not trying to be awkward, ok hopefully your ex may not be able to get at your Gmail account but Gmail don't have a good reputation as to the way they handle their own accounts. I think they had a reputation for monitoring internet browsing activity. Might be worth setting up an email account with somebody else?

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »

Emails either sent to a Gmail account by both GMail and non-Gmail subscribers are browsed to lift any company names or other content which can then be used as "ad targets". This is from their own FAQ section

"1.1 What is Google's Gmail?

Gmail is a web-based e-mail service offered by Google offering one-gigabyte (1000 megabytes) of e-mail storage to users, five hundred times the capacity offered by Microsoft's Hotmail (as of June 2004, although banner advertising-supported web-based e-mail services, including Hotmail and Yahoo! have or plan to increase their storage capacity in response to the competitive pressure of Gmail).

Gmail is supported by advertisers who buy keywords, much like the Google search engine's AdWordsadvertising program. Gmail uses "content extraction" (the term used in Google's patents) on all incoming and outgoing e-mail in order to target the advertising to the user. For example, if the user is having an e-mail conversation about applying for a job, Gmail might present the user with ads about online job search sites and resume writing services."

This doesn't mean that anyone can hack in any more easily than any of the other email providers though - it's just that your emails are searched by computer for the relevant words.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

This doesn't mean that anyone can hack in any more easily than any of the other email providers though - it's just that your emails are searched by computer for the relevant words.

Taz you are obviously correct - I just hate the idea of my emails being searched at all, especially when they want to target adverts!

Mind you adverts generated when browsing can be stopped by installing AdBlock on Google Chrome.........

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 11:28:41 PM »

I never use my Gmail account because of the way they "lift" certain information. Hotmail doesn't do that.. yet...

Taz x

Milliemoo7

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 11:41:57 PM »

argghh, really? I switched from Hotmail to Gmail when Hotmail gave me an outlook account which I couldnt get on with...

Back to Mrs January, i do find it rather odd that your ex husband is stalking you after his attitude to you before you left...seems he doesnt want you there but soon as you  leave is wanting to find out what you are  up to.  hope everything sorts itself out and best of luck with your new beginning.

Mrs January

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »

Millimoo

I guess you are right. One thing for sure I ain't  a going back! happy in my new life and embrace new adventures.......I have loads of single girlfriends to have fun with and maybe time will be short until the house sells and D papers get to me.....his loss

Hugs

Mrs J
Pages: 1 [2] 3