Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Mole appeared on back - Started changing colour  (Read 24754 times)

Limpy

Mole appeared on back - Started changing colour
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

Last year OH had a growth on the back which the GP thought looked sinister, fortunately it turned out not be a problem.

However, whilst this was happening I noticed a mole on my back which I didn't recall seeing before.  (OH not helpful in this respect as he pointed out he doesn't look at my back when I haven't got clothes on  ::)) Anyway, didn't do anything, but the next time I looked the mole seemed darker. Showed it to GP who thought it was OK but referred me to the dermatology dept to get it checked. Lady doctor there said looks ok but it has different colours so we will cut out and send it for testing.

I have been told I won't be able to go swimming for two weeks. I fear I will turn into a shapeless blob. I need to find some dry way of exercising which doesn't damage my back.

This happens on Monday, I know it's the right thing to do but I feel a bit apprehensive.

Dancinggirl

Re: Mole appeared on back - Started changing colour
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »

You've been very sensible getting this looked at - much better safe than sorry.  What about some lovely brisk walks instead of swimming for the time being?
Keep us posted about the results. Hope all is ok.  DG x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »

The hospital may well be able to give you some waterproof dressings. When I burned my neck I was given a totally waterproof dressing that I could shower in.

Don't think you will blob in two weeks though  ;D

Hope it all goes well and you heal quickly.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »

Thank you ladies.

HB - I was told I would get waterproof dressings but they would only be suitable for showering not swimming. I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies, at least I won't smell   ;D

DG - Brisk walks could be the answer for exercise, all we need now is for it to stop raining   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »

Your back will probably be too to even consider swimming  :-\ ………. good that you are getting this looked at and a biopsy sent away.  You will not go into a blob in 2 weeks  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »

Thanks CLKD - I switch between being worried and thinking I'me being a pain for even raising the subject in the first place.

I have been doing lots of swimming because I know I won't be able to for the next 2 weeks. I hesitate to say this but I am feeling toned and fit  ::). So, hopefully not a blob.............

Thanks again

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »

If you go skinny dipping you will shiver any extra fat away  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »

If I do that, no good will come of it, trust me   ;D

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »

Hope all goes well Limpy. I've had one of those removed. Our local surgery carries out the procedure and it was fine. I went back to work afterwards although the numb patch on my back did feel strange. The ban from swimming is purely to stop you getting infection in the wound. Two weeks wont make much difference to your toned-ness I am sure.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »

;D  ………..

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »

Thanks Taz, sadly our local surgery won't do such things.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »

We're really lucky with ours. They also carry out endoscopies which saves a trip to the hospital.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »

The daft thing is one of our GPs used to work in New Zealand, where as a "GP" they had to do things like set broken legs and things like that. They can do these things but not around here.   ::)

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »

Swimming probably not recommended due to chances of infection. I've had various lumps etc removed over the years. Used to be at surgery, but last time was sent to hospital.  Best checked out, but as they don't seem to be overly worried about it, neither should you. However, that's easier said than done. Fingers crossed for you.

You could do some walking, cycling, Wish I was toned.

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »

Thanks CG - It looks like it'll have to be walking, the hill outside goes to 1 in 3 quite soon, there's no way I could cycle up that!

I feel I should emphasise, this toned feeling IS under a layer of blubber, it's just that there's a bit less of it   ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6