Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Buzzing in my chest.  (Read 8096 times)

Kyria

Buzzing in my chest.
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

Hi there,

For the last month or so ive been getting a random buzzing in the left side of my chest.

It feels like I have a bee in there or a mobile phone on silent when it vibrates.

Its really beginning to get me down as I do suffer with anxiety and everytime I can feel it I start to panic and worry..

Could it be a sign of the menopause I have been menopausal for over two years now and apart from the odd ache things have been going ok...

Does anybody else get this..

Thankyou for any advice or help  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Buzzing in my chest.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 08:09:31 PM »

Occasionally!  In the same way as I get zaps in my skull, other weird symptoms which come and go so fast that I go 'oh'!

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »

I have had this and its really disturbing and the more you are aware of it the worse it gets, I linked it to work stress , it lasted a month and then came and went, have not had it for several months now , google it and youwill find some comments, anyway this is to let you know it does go away and you are not about to have heart failure which is what I thought at one point , suspect it will return. :D

Do lots of shallow breaths and then you will breathe deeply, this helped me,

Kyria

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

Hi and thankyou both for the replys...

I have been googling about it and it does come up with stress/anxiety in some people..

I think the more I think about it the worse it becomes. If im very busy I dont notice it. As soon as I sit still I can feel it again :(

Ill do as you say about the breathing and Ill try not to worry. I will ring my doctor though and make an appointment just to put my mind at rest..

Like you I keep thinking im going to have a heart attack or something. Thank you both for getting back I do feel lots better knowing it probably isnt something bad.

Kyria x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »

Heart attack has other symtpoms, different in men to women - have a look at the British Heart Foundation web-site if you are worried ;)

Annika

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »

If there is no pain when it happens perhaps its a muscle twitch/nerve caused from lying in one position when sleeping. Have you had a cold/allergy recently could also be congestion. It seems we drive ourselves nuts thinking what it could be or Heaven forbid Googling it,lol  Good luck at the doctors Kyria

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »

I get this off and on too. Just try to ignore it. That and the ants crawling over my ankles feeling - particularly bad now as I do actually have ants trying to form a bridgehead in my kitchen (war!).
I've always thought it was some weird meno/fibromyalgia thing.
Hope yours is intermittent and you can just let it go.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »

Ants - I put lots of jam outside where they come into the house which they eat and take back to the nest - never have ants inside  ;)