Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breast Reduction on the NHS  (Read 13818 times)

lynn walker

Re: Breast Reduction on the NHS
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »

Hi Just checking in with an update, finally today I got to see the breast surgeon at Lincoln hospital, he was really lovely and said my letter would be a great help, so glad I took it with me now. He told me that my GP did completely the wrong thing applying for funding without a full assessment from a breast surgeon because this will be taken into consideration along with BMI etc I knew this, that's why I was so angry with the GPs incompetence. I was worried about my BMI, today it was 30 he said yes its high but some cases are taken under special circumstances and as Ive had long term shoulder problems and one operation already then I should fit into this criteria. He will now write to my GP and ask him to apply for funding again, to be honest he did give me hope and I thanked him for that, he said he would like to see my breasts half the size of what they are now although I am a dd or e cup I need to get the weight off my poor shoulders. I hope my updates will give other women in the UK strength and hope with the NHS system. Fingers crossed .

Rowan

Re: Breast Reduction on the NHS
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

So pleased for you lynn w, I knew if you could get to see a breast surgeon things would be better, they do seem to be such nice men, I have never met a PS Breast Surgeon who wasn't  :)

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Pages: 1 [2]