Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: uti  (Read 11083 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: uti
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

Anjia.  Frequent UTI type symptoms (e.g. burning urethra) can be a sign of Vaginal Atrophy which needs to be treated with local oestrogen. CLKD is right. Many women who are already on HRT still find they need this local oestrogen to help with VA.  It helps bladder problems as well.
When you go on holiday, I would take some of the cystitis treatment sachets you get at the chemist so at the first sign of trouble you can use this to prevent it developing. Constant use of antibiotics can actually make things worse as the bacteria that often causes infection thrives when you take them. If you can get some Multi-Gyn Actigel or similar gels from the chemist - these keep the vaginal area acidic and help prevent bacteria from taking hold - I use a dollop up inside and round the outside every night after showering.  BTW avoid baths for a while - just take showers. DG x

Anjia

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »

No this weekend a bloody pain to have this now !!!

Anjia

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 05:37:46 PM »

Oh thanks so much do you think the gel will make me feel comfortable I don't feel burning but somthings not feeling right if you no what I mean.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »

I find the Multi-gyn Actigel good - it can sting a little when first applied but I find it soothing and it adds lubrication like the vaginal moisturisers. I don't use the squirty thing you can attach to the tube, I just put a dollop on a clean finger and push it up inside and around the outer area.
I can't always find it at the chemist so I buy it online.
There are one or two other gels which I suspect are similar, so next time you go to boots look for the shelves with all the condoms, pregnancy tests and things for intimate areas.
This is an alternative one you could try.
http://www.boots.com/en/Balance-Activ-BV-vaginal-pessaries_1316682/
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »

I have bumped my thread on VA
Pages: 1 [2]