Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 725998 times)

jag2107

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2640 on: July 11, 2021, 02:37:03 PM »

Can anyone help …. I’m on month 4 of taking utrogestan 100 mg daily and 2 pumps of estrogel . Month 1 fine but from then on although I feel much better in myself and no flushes I have been having a brownish period ? May last a day then go , may last a few days or may only be on wiping 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I thought on this regime I would not bleed at all ? Is it the dosage that’s wrong ? Any advice appreciated

pepperminty

« Reply #2641 on: July 11, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »

Hi Jag2107,

bleeding on a conti regime for at least the first 3  to 6 months is normal until the body adjusts.  If it is heavy or persistant then the dose or type could be changed. Do not worry as yet and speak to your GP i you feel worried. 
see the link below
https://d2931px9t312xa.cloudfront.net/menopausedoctor/files/information/531/Vaginal%20bleeding%20during%20perimenopause%20and%20menopause%20v21-02.pdf

PM x

Hockliffe111

• First Flush
« Reply #2642 on: July 19, 2021, 07:04:24 PM »

Hi everyone

I recently started Utrogestan 100mcg vaginally with Sandrena 0.5 daily two weeks ago.  For the first 5 days no problems. Day 6 started to get lower abdominal bloating and bladder irritation. Dropped utrogestan to every other night, bloating eased off a bit for a couple of days but then came back with bladder ache, urethral irritation, frequency and really low mood. I have had to stop, has anyone else had this with Utrogestan?

Thanks

ELM2712

« Reply #2643 on: July 27, 2021, 09:45:39 AM »

Hi, can I ask for advice?  I'm using the patches and they are going well. Estradot 37.5.  It has relived my anxiety which is heaven sent !!  However, I cannot get along with the Utrogestan at all.  Tried it vaginally and still getting side effects.  Mainly poor sleep, vivid dreams and just feel terrible. I can't just progress with this one-sided type of regime and have to do something about the progesterone.  My lining has thickened slightly so clearly I have to make a call on this.  Has anyone chosen a hysterectomy just so you can stay on the Estrogen?  It seems extreme, but what choices are there??  If I can't handle the most natural form of Progesterone, I am sure the synthetics will be worse.  I have never had a Mirena coil or been on the Pill.  I am just so sensitive to this progesterone it seems. I actually do not even want to try a synthetic hormone.  This is all just to keep my anxiety under control.  Should I just take an Anti-anxiety medication and put HRT behind me ?? 

I would really appreciate some feed back because this is doing my head in just trying to sort HRT out.  I am very worried about my uterus so I need to make a decision.

Thanks in advance x

Cassie

« Reply #2644 on: July 27, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »

What strength utrogestan are you using? Could you try the 100mg used vaginally for about 12 days per month, I do this as I cannot get along with it either. I do have many sleepless nights, feel wired up but as you progress it seems to settle, I couldnt get along with the 200mg. Its not licenced really to use like this but I have been doing so for many many years and a few other ladies also use it cyclically. You could get a scan now and then to be sure your uterus lining is keeping thin. Its a horrible part of the regime, I know, but sadly, very necessary.

sheila99

« Reply #2645 on: July 27, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »

I got on fine with the prog in evorel conti but am wiped out by utro. It doesn't always follow that utro is best. All ops carry some risk, not sure anyone will  remove a healthy womb so you don't need progesterone.

pepperminty

« Reply #2646 on: July 27, 2021, 05:27:01 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I think Hurdity uses utro on a long cycle vaginally, as she doesn't like the side effects. That could be an option if you know how your womb reacts and have the regular  scans to check. At least you then get several good weeks of estrogen only. Or Provera is another option that some ladis get on with.

PMX

etoile69

• First Flush
« Reply #2647 on: July 27, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »

Hello,
I would like to try HRT BUT lowest dose possible. I am 52 and my period stopped 4 months ago. I have bad perimenopause symptoms which back pain and pain all over my body when I wake up and tried for 1 month evorel 25 patch + utrogestran 100 mg 6 months ago but stopped as very sore breast and swollen leg. Do not know what to take now as suffer on top of aching joint, vaginal dryness and palpitation and severe anxiety. Can you suggest lowest dose by patch ?

ELM2712

« Reply #2648 on: July 28, 2021, 12:00:29 AM »

Hi Cassie

I’m using 100mg. I delayed the start of it though which I think was a mistake. The Estradot Patch is 37.5 so that’s a fairly low dose. My GP assured me that it would be fine to go a couple of months without it and let things settle, which is true, things did. But, I didn’t realise I would have a hard time with the Utro so now I’m kind off ‘dependent’ on the Estrogen and don’t want to stop it. The weird thing is, I have never struggled with PMT, PND or any adverse effects of progesterone during my periods and pregnancies. I wonder sometimes if it’s just my anxiety kicking in about taking a ‘new’ medication, something I do struggle with. I am not even keen on paracetamol.

I have had two scans already. Lining was 3mm 8 weeks ago and just last week, 5mm. I was given a stern talking to by the Gynaecologist who viewed the scan. She strongly suggested to go home and start the progesterone or come off HRT altogether. I did as ordered and have struggled. I bled slightly so that made me feel relieved as this action thins the lining doesn’t it ?? Has anyone had a hysterectomy just to stay using the Estrogen?? Or, should I persist with the vaginal Utro path??

Cassie, is this what you have opted for?  What form of Estrogen are you on ? If you feel dreadful for part of a month, are the benefits worth it ?

Thanks for your comments Cassie, I appreciate it. X

ELM2712

« Reply #2649 on: July 28, 2021, 12:09:22 AM »

Hi Sheila, I have an appointment with a Gynae doctor in September to discuss options, but yes, it seems an extreme measure to remove my uterus just to make this work. If I hadn’t already spent so much time researching HRT, particularly following the Dr Louise Newson website, I would probably have given it away. Her views have really influenced me and I do want all the health benefits Estrogen delivers. On several of her videos/interviews, Louise mentions she herself has had a hysterectomy so I wondered whether that was to avoid the Progesterone as well. If seems a lot of women struggle with it sadly.

I could look at this Evorel Conti. What strength do you take and are you still taking it? Is it bio identical ? 

Thanks again for your comments x
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 02:42:36 AM by ELM2712 »

ELM2712

« Reply #2650 on: July 28, 2021, 12:14:37 AM »

Hi Pepperminty, I would like to hear how this long cycle works? I’m new here so not sure how to contact Hurdity for her comments. Would you be able to direct me to her or ask if she can take a quick look at our woes ??

Can I ask for some further info on Provera ? Is it a tablet taken orally or a patch including progesterone?

Thanks again for you reply x

Cassie

« Reply #2651 on: July 28, 2021, 08:35:19 PM »

I take 1 pump of the gel, so also a low dose. I take 12 tablets of the 100mg vaginally supposed to be monthly but I cheat terribly so really every 7 weeks or so, I get a decent bleed on that. I feel bad on the Utrogestan part in that I feel wired up and get palpitations, almost as if I had had too much caffeine. I tell myself its only 12 days and I just suck it up, not much option really apart from the drastic measure of hysterectomy. Really hope you can find a protocol that suits you.

pepperminty

« Reply #2652 on: July 29, 2021, 09:35:30 AM »

Hi ELM

it says messages on the tabs above. A long cycle should be agreed by a proffessional. There ia also a treatment tab at the top of the page which has types on it of progetserone. Or type in long cycleinto the search box. I hope ou find something that works for you.

PMxx

sheila99

« Reply #2653 on: July 29, 2021, 12:30:44 PM »

Elm I use utro on a long cycle (6 weeks). I've always had a 6 week cycle so did it this was as much to keep the hrt cycle in sync with my own. Tried 12 days x 100mg but didn't bleed so use 12x200mg . I had to stop evorel because I developed an allergic reaction to the glue. I don't think it's body identical but I felt better on it than utro. Provera has worked for others who can't cope with utro. Although body identical is best in theory if you find one with no side effects that may be the one that's best for you.

warwick01

« Reply #2654 on: August 01, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »

Hi

Is it possible to use utro vaginally on continuas  regime ??

Thanks Wx
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 187