Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 726528 times)

Sammiejane

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1845 on: August 29, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »

Hi Tracey e

Yes I am I was on estrogel 2 pumps 6 months but as my estrogen levels dropped they wanted me to increase to 3 pumps but couldn't cope with being irritated and more bloated worse constipation and aniexty so stuck with 2 but have never felt quite right still have trouble getting to sleep and but started to feel swollen in my genitalia so I swapped to estradot patch 50 but this couldn't cut it with flushes and sleep was worse and VA symtoms seemed worse but swelling went so I went back to estrogel 2 pumps and then recently I've had 3 bad days of dripping wet between legs sleep improved and mood and hair no worse but swelling back in vagina and then the excessive dampness I've now gone back to estradot patch but 75 I cut a patch in half but had more hair come out this morning as only went on 2 days ago , but not sure what to do I can't keep chopping and changing but scared if I stay on the gel I'll go bald but then if I'm on the patch would VA symtoms get worse I'm wondering if I have imbalance with progesterone that's causing the excessive sweating ? Have u noticed an increase in hairloss on utrogestan part when you take it ?

Tracey E

« Reply #1846 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:23 PM »

Hi Tracey e

Yes I am I was on estrogel 2 pumps 6 months but as my estrogen levels dropped they wanted me to increase to 3 pumps but couldn't cope with being irritated and more bloated worse constipation and aniexty so stuck with 2 but have never felt quite right still have trouble getting to sleep and but started to feel swollen in my genitalia so I swapped to estradot patch 50 but this couldn't cut it with flushes and sleep was worse and VA symtoms seemed worse but swelling went so I went back to estrogel 2 pumps and then recently I've had 3 bad days of dripping wet between legs sleep improved and mood and hair no worse but swelling back in vagina and then the excessive dampness I've now gone back to estradot patch but 75 I cut a patch in half but had more hair come out this morning as only went on 2 days ago , but not sure what to do I can't keep chopping and changing but scared if I stay on the gel I'll go bald but then if I'm on the patch would VA symtoms get worse I'm wondering if I have imbalance with progesterone that's causing the excessive sweating ? Have u noticed an increase in hairloss on utrogestan part when you take it ?

Hi Sammie I don't think the hair loss is Utrogestan as I only take it for 7 days a month. For me I would say it was the Estrogel causing it. I'm on Estradot 75 and today I feel much better in myself, happier and no palps. Estradot 50 wasn't strong enough for me. My nether regions feel a lot better too, so I'm thinking I'll stick to Estradot. That's if I can still get it on next prescription.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 07:40:27 PM by Tracey E »

Sammiejane

« Reply #1847 on: August 29, 2019, 11:26:54 PM »

Hi Tracey e

I need some advice or opinion please as I'm not obsorbing the gel that well do u think I should try the estradot patch and stick to it at 75 or combine progesterone with the estrogel ?
Or take the estradot patch and progesterone ?
Or go on the combined pill ?

I'm so confused 🤷🏼‍♀️ and cannot cope anymore

Thank you

What are your levels now of estrogen ? Have they offered testosterone to u cause I've read if this is low can cause hairloss but so can imbalance between estrogen and progesterone whereby if estrogen is unopposed then the ratio to progesterone can cause estrogen to dominate?

Tracey E

« Reply #1848 on: August 30, 2019, 06:26:16 AM »

Hi Sammie I thought you were on Estradot already. I think Hurdity my be better to advise you this Sammie as I can only go from my own experience..

I've not had my hormones tested I just go on symptom relief as my yard stick. I haven't thought about tetesterone yet as I'm still trying to find the correct dose of Estrogen. Bare in mind it takes a while for HRT to kick in so breath and give it some time to work. :)

Sammiejane

« Reply #1849 on: August 30, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »

Hi Tracey e

Was on the gel for 7 months then tried estradot patch 5 weeks but no improvement with hair loss and sleep worse VA worse.

So went back on gel but then was getting swelling in vagina sore bruised feeling and I have VA as been on vaginal estrogen for 8 months although recent gyno said there's no more atrophy ?

So went back on patch but upped dose to 75. But found this to give me burning of vagina. Went back on gel then got this wetness really bad for 2 days excessive sweating in groin

So I really don't know what to do x

winnie1967

« Reply #1850 on: September 04, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

Hi all, I've been having oestrogel and utrogestan for around 6/8 wks now, I've been taking them at the same time (as per patient information leaflet), both in the evening....and 2 hrs after food.
I'm going on holiday tomorrow, my question is, will I be ok for a wk taking them apart, the utrogestan not necessarily on an empty stomach, and the oestrogel earlier in the day?
It's going to be difficult to take it as I do now....or could I even take the utrogestan vaginally for a wk, assuming that way, it doesn't have to be on an empty stomach?
Many thanks in advance.

Ladybt28

« Reply #1851 on: September 04, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »

Hi Winnie1967
I use my pumps of oestrogel in the morning and take my utrogestan vaginally at night.  I didn't pay any attention to the patient leaflet!  ;)  I read about all the ladies experiences on this forum and worked out that lots did it differently - some split doses of oestrogel, some do them all at once, some wait for it to dry others rub it in hard.  Doesn't matter just do what works for you.

Yep you are right vaginal utrogestan bypasses the stomach so no need to worry whether its empty or not!  Go and enjoy your holiday - use your pumps earlier in the day and the utro vaginally at night....eat drink be merry...have a lovely time!
It will all be perfectly fine! x

winnie1967

« Reply #1852 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:34 AM »

Hiya, that's brilliant, thanks ever so much, that's a weight off my mind 😃 x
Hi Winnie1967
I use my pumps of oestrogel in the morning and take my utrogestan vaginally at night.  I didn't pay any attention to the patient leaflet!  ;)  I read about all the ladies experiences on this forum and worked out that lots did it differently - some split doses of oestrogel, some do them all at once, some wait for it to dry others rub it in hard.  Doesn't matter just do what works for you.

Yep you are right vaginal utrogestan bypasses the stomach so no need to worry whether its empty or not!  Go and enjoy your holiday - use your pumps earlier in the day and the utro vaginally at night....eat drink be merry...have a lovely time!
It will all be perfectly fine! x

winnie1967

« Reply #1853 on: September 04, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »

Oh, at the risk of sounding a bit dim, do I just , ahem, push the capsule 'up'? And hope it doesn't drop straight out lol!

Ladybt28

« Reply #1854 on: September 04, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »

yes winnie that's exactly what you do  ;D  I find there are few hazards which I felt I should warn you of if you in case you encounter them.. but maybe it's just me...kack handed!!!  :) so.... I don't have long fingers and I find if I don't do it quickly enough the little ball dissolves on the end of it which makes it more difficult...  So, I use an applicator from an old set of canneston pessaries or I put my utrogestan in the fridge!!!
Interestingly I haven't had any dropping out though? xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #1855 on: September 09, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »

Hi ladies

Have any of you on estrogel only HRT had hair thinned.

I've been on it for 8 months but am not obsorbing it well so don't know whether to increase dose or swap to a patch ?
I don't want to waste more time I'f in another 3 months my estrogen is lower ?
Also as the estrogel has been good for VA symtoms I worried if I swap to a patch my VA will get worse but then if I'm not obsorbing the gel well maybe it's the Ovestin that is working for my VA .

I want my hair to stop thinning and am starting to think it's an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone

Please advise

Ladybt28

« Reply #1856 on: September 09, 2019, 04:52:27 PM »

Hi Sammiejane,
I am on progesterone and testosterone as well and my hair has thinned.  I'm not clear why the oestrogen component can cause this.  I haven't read anything on the forum which suggests how it can be stopped...so I'm no help to you.  Maybe someone technical like BeaR will be along in a minute.

juliemargaret

« Reply #1857 on: September 09, 2019, 04:58:48 PM »

Hi sammie....my hairs not great neitrr. Shedding loads. Dont know what to advise ..sorry.x

Sammiejane

« Reply #1858 on: September 09, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »

Ladybt28

I only take estrogen as had everything removed but prior to starting HRT my hair didn't thin I've been post menopause for 5 yrs but only started HRT 8 months ago as I had no Symtoms but now my hair has thinned gained weight and don't really feel a balance yet I'm thinking it must be the gel or lack of progesterone for me

Joaniepat

« Reply #1859 on: September 09, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »

I am on oestrogen only. I started on Oestrogel and blood tests showed I was not absorbing much. Switched to Sandrena, not much better. Switched to Estradot 100 patch and absorb this much better.  I also use vaginal oestrogen products and testosterone. Before I got my oestrogen levels up (now a respectable 450 pmol/l or thereabouts) I was shedding more hair than I would have liked. Now my hair has thickened up again and is as it always was. I agree with what Birdy said.

JP x

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187