Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 711751 times)

Dotty

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1275 on: April 14, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »

Why does he think they will
be removing the Utrogestan?

Mary G

« Reply #1276 on: April 14, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »

I would be surprised if the NHS discontinue Utrogestan on cost grounds, it is about €4.00 per box in Spain but the NHS would be able to buy it for much less than that with their huge purchasing power.  That said, from what I have read on here, the NHS are always trying to get women to use the cheapest forms of HRT, it took them a long time to agree to prescribe Oestrogel and even now it is a bit hit and miss. 

Cassie

« Reply #1277 on: May 02, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »

I went for my papsmear and ultrasound today. Am currently using 100mg of Utrogestan for 10 sometimes 12 days per month vaginally. Use 1 pump of gel. The lining was 5.39mm, the Dr was satisfied and seems that the protocol I am on is doing its job which is a relief as I do not intend to give up these 2 medications anytime soon. Fortunately the Dr was very pro HRT and told me that he has many ladies well into their 80s using it still so that made my day.  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #1278 on: May 02, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »

Great news Cassie! Glad your lining is thin. I haven't had a scan for 2 years so maybe I should - although never had abnormal bleeding so hopefully all OK. Interesting to hear about women in their 80's. I wonder if they are also using progesterone (ie still have their uterus) and if so whether any of them are still on a cycle? It does seem odd to be having bleeds in mid 60's but needs must!

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #1279 on: May 02, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »

That's good news Cassie and proves you can take a low dose of Utrogestan and that it works well when used vaginally.

For those who have issues with progesterone, I think it's far better to use a low dose of progesterone and have regular scans than take a high dose of progesterone and never have scans. 

Slater123

« Reply #1280 on: June 13, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »

Hi I'm new might be on wrong thread .  Utrogestan and withdrawal . I have terrible acne and constant headache since finishing  the 12 day regime  6 days ago . Is this normal . I'm 48 and peri .  Oestrogel 4 pumps daily and 12 x200mg utrogestan from day 15 . Sorry if this is a totally different thread !

Hurdity

« Reply #1281 on: June 13, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »

Hi Slater123

It's fine to post here - generally we suggest new members introduce themselves on a new thread either in this section or in the new members section to tell us something about yourself and your menopause but I can answer your question anyway.

The acne may be down to the progesterone itself (not stopping it), unless it is menopausal acne setting in. I had something like this - or maybe rosacea of sorts - but mine disappeared after starting HRT.

The headache on withdrawal of progesterone is typical I'm afraid - sounds like you have it worse than most. It is similar to pms symptoms - I used to get migraine or headaches just before a period and also I still get some form of progesterone woithdrawal - sometimes a migraine, sometimes just a short headache but I do feel rough for a few days until the progesterone has completely cleared my system. Hopefully yours will get better soon!

How frequent were your periods before starting hRT and are you taking the Utrogestan orally or vaginally? Also how did yuou feel during the 12 days taking the utrogestan?

That is quite a high dose of gel and I wondered if the intention is to shut down your cycle - depending on where in peri-menopause you are?

Hurdity x

Traceylr

« Reply #1282 on: June 17, 2018, 02:12:13 PM »

Hi all
Im new to this site and tnis is my first post. Been on hrt for two years but only now settled ! finding all the info very very interesting and informative.
Having trouble finding out how to post in the forums as im not very tech savy . Any help greatfully accepted

Hurdity

« Reply #1283 on: June 17, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »

Hi Traceylr

I answered on your other thread but didn't say :welcomemm: !!

You seem to have worked out how to do it now - so well done - keep reading and posting. You will get lots of help and support here :)

Hurdity x

Kimdg

« Reply #1284 on: June 29, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »

Hi all.  This is my first post.  I am 54 and started 100mg utragestan capsule daily and estrogel 2 pumps a day, 3 weeks ago.  I have read that you can use the utragestan vaginally, but I am not sure if thats ok to do every day.  Also other people don't seem to be on utragestan every day, which I dont understand.  I have quite bad dizziness but am still overall feeling better.  Would it be ok to alternate between taking utragestan orally and vaginally?  Also just to say I love this website and it has made me feel a lot less panicked many times already.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1285 on: June 30, 2018, 04:32:48 PM »

Hi All... I've been here around a week (or so) and posted in the New Members section... but Hi to all who haven't passed by that way...

I've been post meno around 5 years after a long peri phase. Been battling pretty rubbish symptoms and avoided HRT for various reasons - mainly fear of cancer and a dislike of synthetic HRT. However I've finally had enough and started on the Oestrogel I was prescribed some years ago. It's been a week now. I will start the Utrogestan200 tonight.

I've noticed I have gained weight and my uterus feels sensitive... it has bloated considerably. I'm guessing it's the change in balance.. rise in oestrogen. Will this eventually settle?
What should I expect withthe progesterone increase?

Does anyone have similar/same and have any advice or good news? I was hoping to loose a little weight not gain it! I eat a good balanced diet but could probably step up the excercise... hula hoop being put together as we speak ;)

Dotty

« Reply #1286 on: June 30, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »

If you are post meno then you should be using Utrogestan 100 every night. Have you been prescribed 200 for a shorter time?

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1287 on: June 30, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »

To be honest I don't recall the instructions! But I am following advice based on my ridiculously low oestrogen progesterone and testosterone levels (results listed in my first thread in New Members). So I started low dose Oestrogel, am increasing today as well as starting the Utrogestan200 for 10-12 days... then use cyclically.

Should I use Utrogestan every day too?

Dotty

« Reply #1288 on: June 30, 2018, 05:22:48 PM »

Hi Utrogestan used for 10-12 days is usually for peri menopause and will give you a monthly bleed. If you are post meno then you use utrogestan 100mg every day .

Nikkisyard

« Reply #1289 on: June 30, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »

Aha you have jogged my memory... my doc asked if I wanted a bleed or not. I said no.

So, considering the fact I'm post meno and really don't want a bleed again I should take daily?

And the bloated uterus?

My hot flushes have definitely died down and depression is subsiding... but sleep, libido, moodiness and weight gain are rubbish. I'm hoping HRT will finally help.... but I'm 1 week in and that's just with Oestrogel. I guess patience is key... I just wanted to know if this bloating will subside (and hopefully someone will pipe in and tell me I will be my fantastic 30 something self in around a month  ;D ::) 8) )
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 187