Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 724719 times)

CrazyHorses

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1500 on: February 18, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »

Hi Ladybt28
Thanks for reply!
I was on Evorel Sequi, Femoston 2/10 and Femseven sequi previously. Generally bleeding started with these about day 10-12 of progesterone phase but actually didn't have a bleed at all in my last month of Femseven before changing to oestrogel.
Started Oestrogel -2 pumps -on 24th Jan and increased to 3 pumps on 10th Feb. Started Utrogestan 17th Feb.
Wasn't actually due to start utrogestan until 1st March(as recommended by Mater meno clinic - think you go there too!) but went earlier due to a probable heavy (and stressful!!) work load early March

Ladybt28

« Reply #1501 on: February 18, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »

yes I go to the Mater.  It could well be a combo of things. You didn't have a bleed in the last month and your body thinks it should plus it could be the changing over - things do tend to be very unsettled.  To be honest when we are on cycles we are tricking our bodies into thinking this is the thing to do. 

I wouldnt worry - carry on as you were planning - firstly as you want it over because of work in March and secondly because your body needs used to the change over.  The only thing is I can't guarantee you won't have another bleed (probably a small one) when you have finished your 10-12 days you start on 17th Feb.  It will settle down - you just need to see how it goes. 

The thing was they had me on continuous before I changed to the oestrogel/Utro cycle so I had 2 short periods in the first month and then it all settled down to how it should be.  The 2nd months bleeding was very heavy but from then on it settle nicely.  We are all so different and each time it takes at least 2/3 months to work out what is going on before we need to worry!!! ::)  Just hang on in there crazy!

Hurdity

« Reply #1502 on: February 18, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »

Hi Crazyhorses

:welcomemm:

Just to add also if you are still peri-menopausal maybe your natural cycle took over this month? If you started HRT when you were peri then maybe you still are, depending on how frequent your periods were at that point?

It's difficult to say whether the bleeding now is due to that (your natural cycle) or maybe oestrogen breakthrough bleeding if your lining has built up. If the latter (or even anyway?) then as Ladybt says you may well get another bleed later when you stop the Utro.

Hurdity x

CrazyHorses

• First Flush
« Reply #1503 on: February 18, 2019, 05:43:44 PM »

Thanks Ladybt28 and Hurdity

That all makes sense and I now feel suitably reassured!!

Now it's the waiting game to see how my mood fares on the rest of the Utro!

Thanks again
CH x

Ladybt28

« Reply #1504 on: February 18, 2019, 05:44:56 PM »

Ah...as they say CH …."you'll be grand"! ;)

Dotty

« Reply #1505 on: February 19, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »

Hi Birdy it will take a while to settle on the Oestrogel so I would leave things as they are for at least 4-6 weeks x

Sooze

« Reply #1506 on: February 19, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

I'm sticking in an update as there's a couple of odd things I've noticed. So I was getting what I call 'fizzy' headaches.  Very short duration, maybe seconds, bit like a tension headache/sinus discomfort, happening maybe a dozen times a day.  Not painful just annoying.  Not worth taking anything because they disappeared quickly.  I had similar (but less) during the first 3 months of Tibolone, then they stopped.

Also I've felt like I've had a bit of water retention.  I used to put on ½ stone leading up to my periods, and it felt similar.  Also some breast/nipple sensitivity.  Hot flushes well controlled and no mood problems though.  I also had a GP check last week, and although my blood pressure was fine it was actually higher than it usually is for me.

So the night before last I switched back to taking Utrogestan orally and I think I might need systemic progesterone.  Headaches have almost completly gone and I'm already 4lbs lighter and the breast/nipple sensitivity has gone (In fact I'd say my boobs feel a little smaller??)  Yes I've had 2 nights of bonkers dreams but I've woken up feeling OK so I'm going to continue with it orally and see how I go. 

I was so worried about Utrogestan side effects, especially how a lot of ladies on her are suffering, I thought the vaginal route was the best option, but maybe it's not for me?  I'll keep you all posted how things go.

Hurdity

« Reply #1507 on: February 20, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »

Thamnks for the update Sooze.

Some research has shown that systemic absoprtion is greater with vaginal use so in fact when used vaginally you could have been getting more not less than when taken orally! This might account for your increased side effects (those due to high progesterone) which lessened when you took it orally. However less gets to the uterus this way (orally). Oral use produces different metabolic by-products ( due to digestion, going through liver etc) - which can produce nasty sdie effects in some women - but these are different from the progesterone side effects, I understand. In your case - maybe you are more negatively affected by large doses of progesterone than the breakdown products from oral use?

So it's a case of taking it in the way that works best for you as well as protecting the uterus. You may get some spotting if it isn't absorbed so well orally, depending on your oestrogen dose and womb? Sorry I can't remember the oestrogen dose/type you are taking and for how long?

Yes do keep us posted - it's all helpful and interesting!

Hurdity x

Sooze

« Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »

Hurdity,
I hadn't considered it that way, but I see what you mean. I'm on Sandrena 1mg/day which is working really well re flushes, as in I'm getting none. I've already had some spotting. Extreamly slight after the first 28 days and I think I used the Utrogestan for 5 days orally before I switched to vaginally. I also started spotting maybe 34 days after that which is still going on - but It's been maybe there for 4 -5 days, stop for 2 days only to start up again a couple of days before I switched back to orally and it's almost stopped again.

I know spotting is common in the first 6m of swapping regimes, and I'm not concerned re my uterus as a recent scan put the lining at 2.5mm before I came off Tibolone last December .  Am I right in thinking this is quite low - in which case too much progesterone could also cause spotting I think (please correct me if I've misunderstood what I read)?

Anyway, I'm feeling good so onwards and upwards!

Tc

« Reply #1509 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:42 AM »

Hiya ladies. This might be a very silly question but..here goes
When you apply the gel if you are doing 4 pumps (2 each leg) do you pump out one for each leg, rub it in and then go on to pump out another one for each leg and apply.
Or do you pump out two doses in one go for each leg. I.e 2 pumps into each hand and apply that way.
Not sure if it matters for absorption?
Thanks for any advicexx

Dotty

« Reply #1510 on: February 20, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »

TC...I pump out 2 and rub on my shoulder, outer arm.  Then pump 2 onto my other hand and rub into the other shoulder, outer arm x

Tc

« Reply #1511 on: February 20, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »

Thanks dotty. Gonna try that. I 've been doing it one pump rub in until it's dry and then another pump.
Just feel like I'm not getting enough eastrogen
Flushes came back when I switched to the gel 5 weeks ago and seem to actually be getting worse.the flushes don't bother me as much as my other symptoms but I've heard they are a good indicator of whether your getting enough.
So it's either not high enough dose or there's an absorption problem.i guess.

Dotty. May I ask why do you do the arms. Is it just personal preference or do you think it absorbs better that way?

Dotty

« Reply #1512 on: February 20, 2019, 11:25:33 AM »

Tc...just personal preference.  i feel it dries quicker on my outer arms. x

Tc

« Reply #1513 on: February 20, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »

Thanks.

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1514 on: March 08, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »

I really need some advice please.
Im taking Utrogestan for 14 days a month (200mg) but i'm due to stop taking them on the day I fly on holiday, so I asked my Dr what could I do so I don't have a period start the first day i'm away. She said to take 1 tablet instead for 23 days.
 so I started to do that and have had breakthrough bleeding everyday since.
Ive upped it back to 2 to stop the bleeding but that hasn't worked.

Im due to stop taking the tablets on the original cycle tomorrow.... should I just leave a 3 week gap instead of 2 and see if I can shift my cycle a week further?

One other question, Im also using oestrogen (2 pumps every eve)
What is causing me to grit my teeth? I don't realise im doing it and my muscles are getting sore on my face and head.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 187