Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 40 winks  (Read 4707 times)

Joyce

40 winks
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »

Who else needs a nap these days? I find if I don't have a sleep in the afternoon, I am way too tired & grouchy by teatime & by bedtime, I'm way too tired to sleep. In fact I am quite exhausted  some days by mid morning, yet GP says blood tests are fine. Is it age or is it something else?

Dancinggirl

Re: 40 winks
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »

Definitely age related I'd say.  I tend to go to bed earlier these days - my husband falls asleep on the sofa through the evenings. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »

Age.  Lack of energy because our bodies are undergoing an upheaval.  I have had a nap when necessary for years++ ......... otherwise I can't sleep in bed.  If I do nap then it's usually duirng a programme I was looking forwards to watching  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

;D Why is it always during a good prog or film?  Glad it's not just me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »

Usually I wake hearing the credit music in the background  ::) fortunately we now have iPlayer etc.  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

I never sleep in the day and if I do its generally because I am unwell. I have always found it difficult to relax and am generally full of restless energy. I find it difficult to sit still for any length of time.

I will sit down of an evening but apart from that I am on the go.

Different strokes I guess.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »

Sleeping in the day was one of the pointers that I was still not quite well after my kidney infection. I found it so frustrating as I never have slept in the day - nor in the evenings. I asked the doc if it was because of my age and maybe I would never get back to how I was but she said that I was only 59 and far too young to give in to the daytime nap! Everyone is different of course but I am so glad to be back to not falling asleep at the drop of a hat! I am still going to bed a bit earlier though - half eleven instead of one-ish.

I reckon we just have to listen to our bodies to be honest which is another reason why working until we are 65 might not be so easy!!

Taz x

libby1

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »

" half eleven instead of one-ish"  :o

Good grief!! I'm in bed by half ten!! What time do you get up Taz?

Libby
x

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »

I am normally in bed by about 12 and up again about 8am. When I waken up I always need the loo. I would probably go back to bed for a little while but for one thing. An over excited Bichon Frise who is dancing round my feet and licking my legs wanting breakfast. I don't have the heart to ignore her.

I think Taz is up really early.

It's funny how some of us are fine on not a lot of sleep.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:48:05 PM »

My wind down starts at 10ish. In bed by 10.30, read, maybe some music. Light out just after 11.00. On a good night, asleep by 11.45. A bad night can be anything up to 3am. However, makes no difference to how I am next day.

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »

It's the getting to sleep that I have problems with. It can take a long while. I keep telling myself to stay in bed because if I get up then I end up eating toast and reading a book and making myself even more awake.

It's so annoying but the more tired I am the less chance there is of getting off to sleep.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »

" half eleven instead of one-ish"  :o

Good grief!! I'm in bed by half ten!! What time do you get up Taz?

Libby
x

I get up at 6.15. I've always had trouble sleeping - as long as I get around five hours then I can tick along. Mind you I wake up every forty minutes or so - more often now that I am not on HRT of course!  :meltdown: Before I felt ill my going to the pub for my evening glass of wine was around 10. I have tried in the past to go to bed (to sleep) earlier but it only  means I wake up five hours later and can't get back to sleep. My mum was the same although she did like a lie in sometimes. I think I just don't like missing anything  ;D

Taz x