Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adult Children and House Keys.  (Read 19667 times)

Limpy

Re: Adult Children and House Keys.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

Ann - Perhaps tell them / suggest that they ring or knock when they front up?
You want to be able to wander about your house, without thinking you have to get dressed....
You want privacy.
Tell them this.

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »

Reading through these posts, I wonder if we tend to be rather judgemental. We all have different experiences and expectations. There is no right or wrong, just what feels comfortable for us.

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

I can't see that we are being judgemental - just answering the question.

Taz  :-\

Limpy

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »

Reading through these posts, I wonder if we tend to be rather judgemental. We all have different experiences and expectations. There is no right or wrong, just what feels comfortable for us.

Judgemental - Bit confused.
Thought we came on here to express opinions.   :-\
Which posts do you mean?

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »

Read through again after sleep. Maybe it was me confused. The trouble with the written word is that you can place meaning where it is not meant, depending on the 'place' you are coming from.  :oops:

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »

Very true!

Taz x

bramble

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »

I left home at 16 so I never had a key to my Mum and Dad's house. When I went home to visit, I always knocked at the door and then let myself in. I suppose it is different these days if most folk lock their front doors during the day (I do - is that the norm?).

Bramble

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »

I don't lock the door of the house until bedtime. I stay in a village though so I guess it all depends where you are. My sister lives 14 miles away and her house is like Fort Knox.

Went to bed the other night and forgot to shut the garage door. Mentioned it to hubby and told him it's a good job we live where we do. He said he would be quite happy for thieves to steal stuff from our garage as it would save him a trip to the tip.  ???

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »

;D

We are lucky here.  Low crime rate.  Catalytic converters are the 'in' thing to be stolen recently.  I never had a key to my parents' house.  It took over 30 years for Mum to even consider giving me the spare  ::) ........ yet she had given one to people she had 'known' only a few months ......... of course, she didn't think to tell us until they let themselves in whilst she was out one evening and frightened her ....... then she 'turned' on them  :-\  .......... that was the evening we found out that she was letting people have keys and they were making copies and giving them to all and sundry ........... DH had words with her as we are her main 'carers' when push comes to shove >:( then he changed the locks after great explanations ..........

Suzi Q

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »

My son has the key to our house andthis is the one e ought just after he got married
He didnt ask we just gave it to him YET hes never used it we live about 30 mins away by car but he doesnt drive
IKt takes 2 trains and 1 and and a bit to get here I normally meet him on foot at the station 10mins away
It is a person thing Id love it if he just dropped by and walked in HI MUM but IM me!
Theres no right or wrong if you feel uncomfy !! Howd do say it though?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:09:40 AM »

Ask how they would like someone walking in to their place without warning?

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »

Went to bed the other night and forgot to shut the garage door. Mentioned it to hubby and told him it's a good job we live where we do. He said he would be quite happy for thieves to steal stuff from our garage as it would save him a trip to the tip.  ???

Sorry that made me giggle HB. My hubby always swore that any thieves breaking into our place would feel sorry for us & leave us money?  ;D

miramar

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »

Hello
We all have key to the parents house, but do knock before we let ourselfs in.
My kids never needed keys the door was allways open,
 because we had dogs nobody would sneak in neither.
Now we to faraway ::)
Pages: 1 [2]