Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: prolapse!  (Read 8268 times)

anderina

prolapse!
« on: November 02, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »

hello everyone
this sounds like such a silly question but how do you know what has prolapsed?
I think mine is my womb but how would i know if it was bladder or bowel - or all 3 (without going to docs)

been to docs with ear infection she gave me antibiotics which unfortunately have caused severe diarrhoea(to the extent i was incontinent)

went to access centre this morning and they changed them

sorry to ramble on but wondered if prolapse had anything to do with control or am i putting 2 and 2 together!!!?

xxx

R4CT0M

Re: prolapse!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »

Hi Anderina :)

it sounds like you did the right thing changing the antibiotics, although I reckon weak pelvic floor muscles won't help with control :(, it could just be that your diarrhoea was particularly severe, so no stopping it ???

I'm no expert but I do have a prolapsed bladder myself...if you put a finger inside the vagina and feel a bulge at the front wall, it is a cystocele, a bladder prolapse, if at the back wall it is a rectocele, the bowel pushing into the wall.... I don't know what a uterine prolapse feels like, but would imagine it something coming downwards into vagina, but hopefully someone else on here can tell you that ;)
There are different gradings 1-4 dependent how severe the prolapse is, luckily I am only at 1.
You can have a prolapse of more than one of the organs at the same time.

You don't say how old you are, or if you are peri/post menopause, but lack of oestrogen at this time can cause/ worsen prolapse :(
If the pelvic floor muscles are weak and so causing prolapse, then incontinence can occur.

I would urge you to get it checked out, and then you can get any help you need, and prevent it getting any worse, maybe improve it a little.

I was referred to a Gynae consultant who diagnosed mine .  My main symptom was pain.   The consultant referred me to a women's health physio who assessed the prolapse to see how bad it was, and she gave me exercises to do, which, along with swimming I decided to do myself,  have strengthened the muscles.  She also suggested Vagifem would help with strengthening the tissues  .

Good luck

Mony xx
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:32:13 PM by R4CT0M »

anderina

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »

thank you Mony

I am 54 and post meno went to docs and she just said i had a prolapse and gave me vagifem for va too, this was in May this year. I have since been diagnosed with fibroid, had hysteroscopy 3 weeks ago and waiting for results

I have posted about all these things and had some good feedback but it justs seems like one thing after another!

on here you know you're not on your own tho and some of us ladies have far worse symptoms to deal with, but the way things are going i could have more to look forward to!! :-\

love xxxx

R4CT0M

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »

That's good Anderina, the vagifem will do the muscles good.

who'd be a woman eh ::) still, we all seem to be in the same boat one way or another.  Like you say, great support on here though ;)

hope all goes well for you :)

xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

Hi Anderina - I don't know if you can find any of this info useful http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Genitourinary-GU-Prolapse.htm

Taz x

anderina

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:03:39 PM »

Thank you Taz
just had quick look very informative

quick note from my other posts I stopped using vagifem because of info about fibroids and possible interaction (I thought it was too much of a coincidence that i started bleeding heavily after over two years of no bleeds and taking the vagifem) - still waiting for results of hysteroscopy -

thinking about re starting vagifem 1 for va and 2 for prolapse have you any advice? Please

love xxx 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »

I have two prolapses - cystocele and uterine - and have recently come off HRT just to see what happened as I am supposed to be stopping it in February when I will be 60. Since then I have had a bleeding episode which I'm waiting to have investigated. The prolapses have worsened and the doc wont let me restart HRT until we know what's going on with the womb lining but has given me vagifem as this won't affect it. The prolapses are already feeling much more comfy.

Just to say that I have also got a few small fibroids but HRT or Vagifem hasn't affected them in my case.

Taz x

anderina

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »

Again thank you Taz!

I am getting paranoid now as i don't honestly know what has prolapsed!

I think I need to make appt to see doctor (easier said than done at our docs) but I am really tempted to re start vagifem - I have a supply in the cupboard -

I am on my feet all day at work (shop) so that won't be doing me any good, also worrying about bleeding etc (I feel that all I do lately is moan)

I haven't got too many prolapse symptoms tho, so thats something to be grateful for
Got a Kegel 8 to help with exercises - just the trainer one - as I can't use the electronic one

Oh well I will see how things go and hopefully nothing new will rear its head  :-\

love xxx

Trey

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »

My understanding is a prolapsed uterus will feel like a dimple where the cervix is.