Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Estrogen  (Read 4736 times)

2yong4M

Vaginal Estrogen
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »

Valued members , I am 43 , had a hysterectomy last year and is suffering from symptoms associated with vaginal atrophy . I have been using olive oil as lubricant but the burning pain increased recently. I am considering Vaginal estrogen to ease symptoms but worried about breat cancer .  your kind input is needed
Cheers
2young4M

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a browse round there are several threads on this problem.  Use the 'search' button  ;)

Tingly

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »

If you go to private lives there is a thread called the burning club
Under all things menopause there is a thread about vagifem which is a type of vaginal oestrogen

It is worth its weight and has a very slim chance of body absorbing any when taken this way. To illustrate the point you dont have to take progesterone with it as there is little chance of endometrial proliferation.

In my opinion do not delay as atrophy doent just stop at the vagina, it eventually hits the bladder/urethra which is total agony

Peronall i would go to thdocs an beg for it
I wish someone had of told me years ago... Mine got so bad it caused me complete misery , i literally felt suicidal.

Do not delay
Lobe
Tingly
Xxxxx

andius

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 03:47:19 AM »

I agree with Tingly.  Don't wait....you will be miserable if you are already having the burning now....you are still very young. 

I  am 56 and take vagifem and I still have burning.  I have had my estrogen levels drawn multiple times over the years I have been on vagifem.  They have never increased, only stayed the same or decreased as I went further into menopause.  Vagifem does not cause a significant increase in levels of hormones systemically after the 14 day loading dose in most women.  You should give it a try to alleviate your symptoms.

At your age you might even need full HRT to protect your bones until at least 50.  You should have a bone density test as women lose a lot of bone mass just before and after menopause when normally occurs at 50 without surgery.  You are at risk for osteoporosis at your age being younger.  Have a discussion with your doctor about these things, OK?

Andius

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »

I agree with all the above.  I'm not sure why you are worrying about breast cancer?  I do hope you are on some oestrogen?  You are far too young to be without oestrogen and the breast cancer risk only really kicks in after 60 and even then the risk in very small.  You will be far more at risk of osteoporosis if you don't have some oestrogen.
I had an early menopause (in late 30s)and have been on HRT for many years (I'm now 57). Despite being on full HRT, I had suffered with burning and other atrophy symptoms for a long time and only recently found out that I probably needed both as full HRT doesn't always help the atrophy.  I am now into the 4th week of Vagifem and things are feeling better.
Get that Vagifem a.s.a.p. before you get any further problems.
Good luck  DG x

2yong4M

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »

Thanks to you all , am happy i joined this forum

Satisfied @yong4M

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »

HI 2yong
Dont follow my bad xaple and ignore it OK see your G Vagifem or Ovestin can really help
Hugs Suzi Q