Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Low temperature - should I be worried?  (Read 9961 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low temperature - should I be worried?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »

"Unlike white fat cells that mostly just store fat, brown adipocytes keep us warm by burning fat at a high rate  ...... " so if people lack brown fat, then they will feel colder.

I heard about this over 20 years ago  ::)  ..........

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »

It's the standard type of fat used in hibernating hedgehogs

"When a hedgehog is hibernating it is essential that its temperature does not fall below 1°C or it
will suffer frostbite or may even freeze solid. It is obviously unaware of the outside temperature
but if the weather turns very cold, the hedgehog's body brings into play brown fat reserves
which are supercharged fuel boosts. This quickly produced heat is then pumped through the
bloodstream, warming the muscles, causing them to shiver and produce even more heat until
after three or four hours the hedgehog's temperature will have risen by 25°C and its pulse rate
to 320 beats per minute. It will then awake, realise that there is insufficient insulation in its
present nest and move elsewhere to build another one."

Taz  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »

:thankyou:

Joyce

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »

Think I've worked out what's up. Last few days temp been around 35 - 35.5. Well now getting flushes again. Fab-u-lous!  Blooming hormones. However, as I'm supposed to be gradually coming off HRT I am actually reluctant to increase it again.

Do you think it's my hormones having one last blast before giving up completely. A bit like a lightbulb which is brighter before it finally goes POP!  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »

Keeping a diary for the next 3 months - then report how you have been?  HORMONES  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »

I think you are just beginning to feel the effects of reducing HRT CG so your flushes are breaking through again.  I'm not sure what your temperature has to do with it though  :-\

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »

No me neither. Always been odd!  ;D 

Funny how I've been on estradot 25 for about 8 months and only now my body is reacting. May have to wait a bit longer to reduce further. Still, 3 years until I turn 60, so still have a bit of time on my side.
Pages: 1 2 [3]