Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: D mannose.  (Read 5977 times)

rosie c

D mannose.
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »

Anybody else had bad reaction to D mannose ? Within a couple of hours of taking, I had the worse diarrhea. Just wondered...... ?

honeybun

Re: D mannose.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:19 PM »

My 91 year old mum takes two a day and she is fine. Normally most things effect her bowels but she is fine.
Could it be a coincidence. I hate to suggest you try again perhaps with food. It's just they are so expensive and do work well that it would be a shame if you could not take them.

Honeyb
X

rosie c

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »

Hi Honeybun, thank you, yes I will try again, as i know for most people D mannose is a god send. I think it was just such a quick a reaction and so violent that in my head I straight away put it down to the product. ( I think i will try when i know i can stay at home ... just in case....) x

Scampi

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

If you bought it from Sweet Cures (the UK supplier I use), give them a ring and talk it over - they are incredibly helpful!  I once posted a query on their website and the owner rang me personally to discuss my issues - great service.

rosie c

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

I did Scampi... aw thank you. Going to give it another go, and we will see. Thank you x

Pauline

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

I can endorse the positive comments about Sweet Cures. Always helpful and really concerned. I use mannose daily as a preventative and am so pleased to have found it. Hope you manage to go on with it as it is good.

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 01:32:17 PM »

I take the SC one every morning in my tea and have never noticed any tummy aftereffects, so hope it was a coincidence in your case, as I do think it works well.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »

Why not just eat foods that contain it? Surely we have evolved to fight off infections in our system through our diet otherwise we would all be suffering from infections?

Sources of D-mannose

Today there are a number of supplement forms of D-mannose available. (Remember that these are not intended to treat or cure any disease. Consult your doctor before using.)

However, we should also know that a varied plant-based whole food diet will typically contain a healthy amount of mannose.

Foods that are high in mannose include cranberries, currants, gooseberries, soybeans, beans, cayenne pepper, eggplant, turnips, tomatoes and green beans. Aloe vera is also a good source of mannose.

Mannose is part of the matrix of sugars that reside in these whole foods. When whole foods are processed with excessive heat and refining techniques, mannose and other nutrients can be lost in the equation.

It is interesting that many mannose foods are also known to be extremely useful for our digestive tract and urinary tract. Mannose is used to make the glycoproteins that line these tracts. And the mannose not utilized is purged through the urinary tract where it inhibits the attachment and growth of bacteria.

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-d-mannose-6307460.html?cat=68

I would concentrate on making sure your diet is rich in the above - this is what I do.

Foods are better for you than manufactured and extracted supplements.

Hurdity x

rosie c

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:14:20 AM »

Thank you for your interesting comments Hurdity.  I dont want to sound flippant but.... I am sure my urine infections will not clear up by my diet alone ... I wish.  My daughter has a bad chest infection and definitely needed a course of anti- biotics. Her diet is excellent!  I cannot tolerate alot of the foods you listed eg tomatoes, turnips, and gooseberries. Maybe thats why i had a reaction to the D mannose.  Not yet tried it again, as a bit nervous and i know i need a day when i am at home all day. x