Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Gas Or Electric Fire.  (Read 5617 times)

catlady

Gas Or Electric Fire.
« on: October 03, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »

Hi Ladies
I have an inset gas fire at present and love it, but I am looking to move and all the properties
Iv'e seen don't have a fireplace.  :(

What I'd like to know is does anyone have a wall hung gas fire (no flue or chimney) or an electric fire ?
Could you give your views on either please, I'm trying to find the best option for me.
I can't stand the cold so it important I get it right.  ::)

Ann x

Joyce

Re: Gas Or Electric Fire.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »

Don't think you can use a wall hung gas fire without at least a flue. Many years ago when buying our first flat, builder had to put in a flue for our wall mounted gas fire. Fumes need an escape route.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »

I've stayed in rental properties with both electric and the flue-less gas fires. I would go for the gas ones everytime. Very quick to heat the room and I am sure they are more economical too.

CG - they are quite expensive but they are common nowadays.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »

Ah things have obviously moved on.  ;D Haven't had gas fire for years, just central heating. But would agree, gas is better even though my thoughts are based on ancient findings.  ;D ;D

lily

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:06:51 PM »

In our last house we had a gas fire with a balanced flue for an enclosed valour gas fire, it had black coal effect with flame - was nice to look at and very warm.  We are in a new build house without a fire now but the central heating is far superior to our old house and we don't need a fire.