Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: MRI  (Read 4083 times)

ann123

MRI
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

I fell 2 months ago and hurt my arm/shoulder. Well after seeing 2 GP's, 2 physios been referred to a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and had an MRI today, will get results next week from consultant and find out what I have done! Private healthcare is amazing, everything is so fast!

Ju Ju

Re: MRI
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »

Sad how long it takes on the NHS. I fell heavily on my knee on concrete years ago. It was 6 months after referral before I saw a consultant, by which time the swelling had subsided and I could walk without a limp, but not without pain and flare ups if I moved it awkwardly. MRI...no chance. I was sent on my way. Chiropractic treatment didn't help, but recently saw a Body Stress Release Practitioner for something else and mentioned the problem. Don't know what she has done, but have no problems since.

ann123

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:45:08 PM »

Good that it's sorted but should gave been done sooner! Luckily I get private healthcare through my company, which is great!

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

Private is good for these things, that's for sure. We used to have BUPA but was too expensive. Son made use of his private healthcare from work recently. Had wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago, instead of waiting for months through NHS.

ann123

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »

Need keyhole surgery in my shoulder, booked for next month!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

At last you know something can be done ann. What's wrong with the shoulder?

Taz x

ann123

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 08:03:28 AM »

An impingement and rotator cuff damage

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »

Sounds like it's going to be a long healing process ann. Hope you soon get to being pain free.

Taz x

ann123

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »

I hope so to. It is getting me down. We have started sleeping in separate beds as I need a pillow on my left hand side to stop me following over! So, I was taking up to much bed space and I am under 5ft and he is nearly 6ft!!! So, it's come to sleeping on our own!