General Discussion > Birthdays and Events

The Dreaded Big 5!!

(1/4) > >>

Cassie:
Did anyone else dread turning 50 as much as I do or am I just being silly?? Somehow, turning 40 was still kinda cool, but 50, just seems ancient and over the hill. I know that I should not feel like this as I have friends who are in their 70's and who still look and act like 40 year olds. I just feel that I am losing my desirability and my zest for life, probably just hormonal and ridiuculous, but I just cannot shake this feeling of dread, pls tell me that 50 is not the end of the line :) Thx dear ladies x

lily:
I dreaded it too Cassie and like you I had not minded turning 40, but it is just another number and you get nice pressies!  I don't feel any different after it, other than peri-meno symptoms increasing of course  ::)  I like to think that I don't look like I'm 50 as I dye my hair to keep the grey at bay and try to keep my weight down.  It's really not the end  :)

Taz2:
Turning 50 was fine because I felt great  - no sign of any meno symptoms and still had all the energy etc. Turning 60 in a few months time, however, makes me feel totally different. I think we all have particular ages we hate getting to. 30 is a big one for some.

Taz

honeybun:
I was not looking forward to 50 either. It came and it went and the years just roll on by.
I was a lot better fitness wise than I am three years on. I am sitting here on a Saturday night absolutely knackered after having done not a lot.

Enjoy your birthday and make the most of every day.

Honeyb
X

CLKD:
I'm not far off turning the BIG 6  :o  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version