Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rotator Cuff Surgery- recovery advice anyone?  (Read 17272 times)

ann123

Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery- recovery advice anyone?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 07:30:07 AM »

Does your arm feel better than before surgery?
Do you have more movement in it?

valiantkate

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »

Hi ann, my arm feels 'odd' and very weak, slightly swollen too in the biceps. I was surprised when the phsio asked me to ift my arm up at the front that I couldnt!. I damaged my rotator Cuff in February and have been unable to use it since then so its not surprising really. I must persevere with the physio though. I know its a long recovery . I'm looking forward to going swimming and doing Yoga again but the susrgeon told me to wait 6 months. No driving either- so ARGH!!!
I'm going for a walk outside soon, sling on, its beautiful here, need all the vitamin D I can get these days and its good for the bones :sunny:
Take care -keep in touchxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »

Enjoyed your walk?

valiantkate

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »

It was more of a 'wobble' than a walk, I do limp these days, got OA in my hips. Anyway, it was lovely, the sun was warm on my back, I flipped the leaves around, so glad I went I think it's too easy to stay in, I know that the answer to my health stuff is in my hands to  a large extent. I felt so much better, I try to get out each day, even for a walk to the local  shop etc. I'm eating good sensible food- who knows I'll be a renewed woman in a while!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »

Are you able to take pain relief (sorry, meno brain  ::) ) - if so, take a dose about 40 mins before you go for your walk?  That way it will ease any inflammation and you should have less pain in the hips.

ann123

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »

Yes, I want to get back to Pilates! And no driving means no work for me! I won't know what to do with myself!!! Like you probably walking will be all I will be capable of!

valiantkate

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

Hi  Ann, how are you doing? I had physio yesterday- hard work but getting there, off to buy a gym ball today- so I can do my excercises at home- by the time i'm finished I'll have some 'guns' and I'm thinking about an anchor tatoo!!! Shame that I still cant do the ironing! :D

ann123

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »

I am ok, just want to get it over with and get my arm back in use!!!!

valiantkate

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 08:48:22 AM »

Hi Ann, was just thinking about  you. Not too long to go before your surgery. How are you feeling? Have you got everything you need?
Try not to worry, just enjoy the next few days, chill out and relax, do not try to clean your house from top to bottom!!!  :bighug: :bighug:

ann123

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 06:24:30 PM »

Thanks, I am ok, trying not to fret!!! How are you? Still going to physio? How long before you could take the sling off and drive?

valiantkate

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »

Theres nothing to fret about although I know how you feel! My sling came off a couple of weeks ago and do you know what... I kinda miss the security of wearing it. I still wear it when I'm on the bus as I cant drive for a month or so yet!!! Thats the bad bit . My shoulder does get  sore so I try to manage my pain relief- half and hour prior to bed. If I wake up- I have dreadful pain in my hips-  at night which wakes me, ( I have Osteoarthritis and  bursitis in my hips-  ) I take some then if it's 4 hours after my last lot of painkillers. You have to be sensible- try not to overdo it, listen to your physiotherapist, do your exxercises, I try to do mine- hubby even put a pulley thing up on the door for my exercises! It's a long haul and I do get frustrated but i ask for help when I need-
I'm off for a nice bath shortly, earlish night as I get tired.
Try not to worry, take lots of time- think about what you do, organise your bits and pieces, and rest. Your body is an amazing thing and you will be amazed at how quickly the healing process takes plece.
nighty night x

ann123

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »

Well the op is tomorrow afternoon! Think I am more concerned about the pain and recovery! I will post tomorrow night, if possible, and let you know how it went!!

valiantkate

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 11:16:47 PM »

good luck tomorrow Ann, you'll be fine. I think you'll just want to chill out after the surgery so post only when your fit to. Are they keeping you in overnight?
All the very best.xxxx ;) ;)

ann123

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »

Yes they are keeping me in one night

valiantkate

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 02:33:02 PM »

Hi there Ann, hope you are OK after the surgery. I expect you dont feel too 'tickety boo' at the moment- that's to be expected really. Take things easy, take the pain relief and I hope you manage to get some sleep.
 :foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5