Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Magnesium Spray  (Read 6345 times)

nelliedee

Magnesium Spray
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »

Do any of you lovely ladies use Magnesium spray? I bought the Better you spray and find its a bit stingy on my skin.
What benefits have you found when using it?
Everyones mum x

kerrieann

Re: Magnesium Spray
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

hi yes i use the same one i bought it for joint pain in my back hips and shoulder, now i am not sure if its done anything for that however i have been feeling so low and anxious for months now and since using this spray for around 3 weeks each evening my mood has improved massively.
I honestly cant think of anything else that could have done this so i went and checked out reviews of this spray apparently we need magnesium and lack of it can cause low mood and anxiety.
obviously i will keep using it now and i cant see it being a placebo effect as i didn't buy it for that reason.
It did sting for a few nights but i read that is when your are low in magnesium and once your levels are topped up it stops stinging.
I hope it helps you but i know everyone's different so good luck.  kerrie

nelliedee

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:53:06 AM »

Thats very interesting. Can I ask how many sprays do you use each night as the bottle isnt very clear
Everyones mum x

kerrieann

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

hi i use 10 sprays each night there was leaflet in mine with the dosage, usually spray around my tummy, there's more fat there  ;D.
how long have you been using your spray ?   kerrie

Firewalker50

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:43:18 AM »

Hi

I have the standard bottle and the night time bottle.
At night, I put it across my shoulders, on my tummy and on tops of thighs.  it helps me to relax and sleep.   Probably about 12 sprays in all?

If I have been working hard physically or feel aching, I use the normal one.

I often spray on my feet going to bed.

As with Kerri, the instructions are either on the packaging or the bottle.

It is also suggested that you use it after showering when your pores are open.  I generally do not do that.

I think you adjust it to what suits you.

the only downside I have experienced is that my hands and feet get extremely dry.  I sometimes use surgical gloves to apply to prevent the skin on my hands and around my nails becoming too dry.

Fx

kerrieann

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:48:04 AM »

firewalker  do you find it lifts your mood or is it just me  :-\

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »

It is a relaxer Kerrie, chocolate contains magnesium too and that lifts our mood :)

I take my magnesium in powder form and in a drink, but I have always been a sunny natured person or so I am told, I do confess I take it for its numerous other benefits and not mood elevation.

Elena

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »

i like the sound of this spray :)

thanks for posting about it everyone'smum

pj44

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »

I think silverlady recommended the spray to me and I brought it for helping with sleeping as I am a terrible sleeper. I use powered magnesium also.   the spray does help to relax you and I too put it on my tummy. As silverlady said it does make your hands feel dry after you have used it. 

nelliedee

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »

Thanks for all your replies, most helpful ladies. I am still only using 3-4 sprays each eve as its still tingling when I put it on. I have to use it late as it definately makes me a little drowsey.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »

It is a relaxer Kerrie, chocolate contains magnesium too and that lifts our mood :)

I thought it was the caffeine in chocolcate that was responsible for that - being a stimulant?  ???
Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:57 AM »

There seems to be a few ingredients in chocolate which can help lift mood http://voices.yahoo.com/does-eating-chocolate-help-mood-5084543.html?cat=5

I think it's just that it tastes so delicious....

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 08:09:08 AM »

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »

Haha thanks for these - I didn't know that, and I was just saying today that I haven't had any chocolate for ages - must remedy that!!! Living far from shops means I can't just indulge myself when I feel like it!! I won't be magnesium deficient though fortunately as I eat a healthy balanced diet!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »

How can it possibly be balanced Hurdity.

It has not got chocolate in it.

;D

Honeyb
X