Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thyroid Problem or Not.  (Read 4546 times)

catlady

Thyroid Problem or Not.
« on: July 05, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »

I recently had some bloods taken to see if my thyroid is ok.
Nurse from the surgery phoned today to say Dr doesn't need to see me as everythings
come back fine.   The thing is I printed a sheet from thyroid uk and I have 52 symptoms
of an underactive thyroid.   It seems I have a slight vit D deficiency too but I can't get anything on prescription for that either.  :-\

Do I go to see GP or not.. :-\

Ann x

honeybun

Re: Thyroid Problem or Not.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

If your bloods are ok then there is little point in asking for anything for your thyroid. Some thyroid symptoms are very similar to meno symptoms according to my GP.
It's frustrating for you I am sure but it's a good thing that your thyroid is in good working order.
You can buy Vit D supplement from any good health shop or on line and try to make sure you take advantage of whatever summer sun we get.

Honeyb
X

rosie c

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

"why do I still have thyroid symptoms.. when my lab tests are normal " ....... An excellent book  by Datis Kharrazian.  Maybe have a read of this Ann. xx

Winterose

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

Also take your  temperature on waking before getting out of bed, mine was 34 degrees and is now 36 after treatment - my doctor said I was at low end and she treats that.  She picked up while doing routine tests and noticed how cold I was. Must say it make a huge difference , joints no longer ache and so much more energy. You need to take it for 10 days in a row and if its consistently low then this is good indication of thyroid. You can google the test think its the Breda Barnes Basal temp test.  She also said lots of doctors dont treat the lower end but she says its very important especially in menopausal women

Firewalker50

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »

Hi Winterose. 

That is my understanding too.  My chiro identified my thyroid as sub-optimal although blood tests were 'within range'.

I took a thyroid supplement for 3 months and have not needed it again yet.  right now I cannot remember which one but I think it was thyro complex from Nutri.

I don;t know how your doctor treats yours Winterose. 

Ann.  There are a number of options for thyroid support - sea kelp for one.   If you feel that your symptoms indicate sub optimal, then perhaps you could read up on the natural supports and foods to support it.

In the meantime, here is an article on taking your morning temperature.

[urlhttp://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testing/basal_temperature.html][/url] in case you want to check that indicator.

Fx

winifred

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:53:17 PM »

wee bit late replying but would say go back if you still have symptoms,  I had loads of symptoms too,  extreme fatigue  being the main one but was told I  was in normal range and all tests were normal . I was put on  Vit D it had no  had no effect on my symptoms. Eventually saw private endocrinologist and showed him all my symptoms he did a blood test not done by Gp and it showed I had  auto immune antibodies  which attack your own thyroid I have now started  on thyroxine and at long last feeling slowly stronger . Do not just believe that bloods are ok ask for print out they can be low and you would feel ill at that range,  yet still be in normal range for Uk Doctors over rely on blood tests and not symptoms . Go on to TPA website very helpful as its a very complicated condition and many people on there can help you. Good luck

Trey

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 02:31:08 AM »

I had SIX miscarriages due to low normal thyroid.  Went on thyroid stayed pregnant.  In US clinical symptoms. And testing all the different thyroid tests t3 t4 tsh etc is a must.  So Ann, you could be so right.

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »

My doctor gave me thyroxine, I dont have the anti bodies problem, I take 75mg a day and its almost stopped the palpitations , aches and pains are gone almost like a miracle. I had 3 early miscarriages wonder if it was due to thyroid,
if i take more I feel a bit buzzed up .