Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sharp stabbing groing pain  (Read 41996 times)

kerrieann

Re: Sharp stabbing groing pain
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »

doesnt sound like me then taz i dont feel ill and def not lost weight  :D mt pain and stiffness started about a year ago but nothing too bad just like when i had been sitting and got up i was soo stiff then 6 months ago on holiday i couldnt walk for more than 10 mins at a time with the low back pain and groin pain since we got back it came and went then it just stayed i had x rays tonight on my back and my arrm and shoulder which is also hurting the last week  my doc thinks its arthritis hence the x rays not really sure what the treatment is for arthritis if thats what it turns out to be least i should be getting nearer to a diagnosis now

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 06:49:08 AM »

Treatment is usually painkillers to start with kerrieann. Arthritis is very common and lots of people do get it somewhere or other but it doesn't necessarily progress. I have had it in my  neck since I was in my late thirties. It is probably osteo arthritis due to wear and tear. There is all the info you need really on the  Arthritis UK site http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/arthritis.aspx  Do you think the groin pain is referred pain from your hip?  Did you have any taken of your neck by the way? My arm and shoulder pain is related to my neck arthritis.

Taz x  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »

taz not sure with the groin pain my gp said its the hip joint but i suppose the x rays will show better funny you should say about my neck they didnt x ray it but ive had stiffness in my neck for years once leant over a sink to wash my hair and couldnt move it for about a week so i think its always been a weak point whats worrying me is that i cant walk for more than a about 15 mins and iam in pain and not sure if i am just meant to mask it with pain killers and carry on or if i am making matters worse
Pages: 1 [2]