Forum Guide and News > Forum Guide

Offensive Emoticon

(1/8) > >>

English Rose:
Hello all

Am I alone in finding the following emoticon offensive? :

:beat:

I noticed this yesterday in someone's posted message, and it seems to depict someone violently beating someone else over the head with a hammer.

I really don't think this is very pleasant and it's at odds with the generally supportive environment of this forum.  Am I being too sensitive?

Best wishes
English Rose

Taz2:
Sorry - but I think it's ok. We have used it before when a member has been a bit reluctant to go to the doc about something. I don't find it offensive but I can see that at first sight it might look a little strange.

Taz x

honeybun:
Sorry I am with Taz on this one......It's just a bit of fun.

We have the grind and bump bananas, the one being prodded with a stick and the one being kicked up the bum.

We used to have one lady....Mrs Purple who had the very best smilies. She always made me smile.

Honeyb
X

English Rose:
Hmmm

honeyb - yes I've been around long enough to remember Mrs P and her emoticons.

Nope.....I still think that one is awful, - as is this one:

:kick:

...and this one isn't very nice either:

:poke2:

....all a bit childish.   I detest anything depicting violence towards another. I wouldn't beat, kick or prod anyone in real life, so why is it remotely amusing??  That's my last comment on this matter. Peace!    :)

Joyce:
I don't find it offensive. It's just a bit of fun. Don't know anyone who has objected in the past.  But I know where you are coming from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version