Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Another trip to emergency doctor  (Read 24554 times)

babypink2807

Re: Another trip to emergency doctor
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »

To be fair I'm not sure all I remember is camera up bottom and biopsies being taken which I wasn't aware of.  With hours I was on the operating table.  Four days in my blood bag is coming out, they are taking me off morphine for something else, still in quite a lot of pain.  I'm having the odd mouthful of cereal, or semolina. I had a few mouthfuls of mash and gravy. In between grapes which I am peeling the skin off to suck into a nice sort of soft stew.  Had my first cup of tea and drinking water too.  My bag is being changed thre times a day which is good.  I've been sat u a few times but boy am I shattered later

Today is wash my hair day, thank goodness and boyfriend brining a new nightie in for me to freshen up

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »

That's where the confusion happened then - you had a colonoscopy not an endoscopy. What a dreadful time you have had but hopefully now things will settle down. Do you know when the biopsy results will be back - fingers crossed for them.

I hope your nurses are looking after you well. You will feel much better with a clean nightie and newly washed hair.

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »

Get well soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hannah1

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »

What rotten luck you have had Babypink with just one thing after another.  All of my best wishes to you that things will be on the up for you now - good luck with the results and may all be well.

Take care

Hannah

ellie

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »

:foryou:   Babypink  hope you will soon be feeling much better. :)

lily

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »

Best wishes for your recovery bit by bit  :foryou:

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »

So sorry to hear what a tough time you are having babypink and do hope you feel better and are on the mend soon

Hurdity x

milly

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 06:21:35 PM »

Babypink,

We have spoken before re bowels and investigations, and you may not remember but I have said on this forum before that I too have a stoma, an ileostomy, which I have had for 10 years now.

Life does go on,and will be perfectly normal for you once you have got over the  initial surgery, and may even be better if the diseased bowel has gone.

Investigations such as colonoscopy can be tricky if your bowel is friable (weak) and perforation is quite a common complication.

Be kind to yourself and accept all offers of help while you recover.

Babylon Burning

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »

You poor thing, hope you feel better soon.  Thinking of you.

babypink2807

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »

Thank you all and thank you Milly

I personally thought the appt for the colonoscopy was early but thought what the hell do I know.

My stomach is incredibly swollen and sore.  All drips removed yesterday still on antibiotics, paracetamol anti sickness and digestion tablet which s a lot less than a few days ago

I managed to shower myself today but very lightheaded and dizzy don't know really what's going on

Milly I do hope it gets better

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »

Hopefully you had a Nurse with you?  Because after such surgery recovery takes a while and the patient can become dizzy very quickly.  In some hospitals there is a hair dressing salon on site, the patient pays for the service but can be pushed down by a rellie for a freshen up  ;).  Friends of the Hospital should be able to tell you what is available.

Elena

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »

So sorry to read all this BabyPink.  What an awful time you've had.  Surely things have to get better soon.

hugs

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »

:hug:

Meggie

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 04:22:46 PM »

For babypink  :hug: - what an awful time you are having of late. 

Hope you are soon feeling much better and that the dizziness subsides ..... probably because you are not eating much at the moment ?

Stay positive.

Meggie

Limpy

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »

I personally thought the appt for the colonoscopy was early but thought what the hell do I know.

Babypink you have had a horrid time - lots of (gentle) hugs     :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think the colonoscopy is usually used to investigate.
My OH had one recently to look at IBS type problems.
There were several warnings about damaging the bowel, luckily it didn't for him.

Perhaps they were just trying to find out what was causing your problems?

Hope things start going better for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7