Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Another trip to emergency doctor  (Read 24550 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another trip to emergency doctor
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »

Vertigo does usually pass.  But it is AWFUL!  Take a list of queries with you to the Appt.!

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »

I have been wondering about the Laxido prescribed by your doc earlier in December. This is not something you can tolerate if you have crohns disease and I wondered if anyone mentioned to you the fact that this may have brought on your horrible first attack?

Taz x

babypink2807

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »

After my visit to the consultant it appears to be a side affect of infliximab.  The symptoms are a mimic of MS.  I am having an MRI scan tomorrow to see what's going on.  My consultant spoke to the neurologist and he said he has seen this before and in the cass he has seen it clears itself up but they cannot give a timescale

Basically infliximab removes the protective sleeve on the nerves and can cause symptoms for immune deficiency.  So all I can do is wait, the example I was told was it peaks for a couple of weeks and tends to wane.  I do hope it subsides its very debilitating and I am freely admitting I am deeply upset

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »

Of course you are upset.  We go along feeling sort of fine, then we get an upset somewhere in the body, attend for treatment and don't get what we perhaps ought to have got!  Hopefully because you were on the medication for a short while it won't take long for your system to get rid of 'it'!  :tulips2:

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:17:12 PM »

What does this mean for your crohnes now. Will you have to stop the treatment.

On a cheerier note...how is your dog, your horse, and your partner.

They must keep your spirits up. Have you been managing to ride before this set back?

Honeyb
X

babypink2807

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »

Infliximab will stiop as of today.  Last one was four weeks ago and that's it.

Pointer is being looked after again by my friend

Georgie is home with us from my dads

Fella our relationship is good he has been brilliant, can't fault him

To orris another day

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

Thanks for the up-date!

babypink2807

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

Well I went for my endoscopy, and about nine hours I was writhing in pain. Back to hospital it turns out the surgeon punctured my bowel and puss developed. I'm now back in hospital in excruciating pain with a stoma and half my colon removed

It's been devastating and terrible, its been so far an horrendous 2013

lily

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 06:52:10 PM »

That's awful babypink, my heart goes out to you - what a time you are having.  Did you have to sign a disclaimer or can you sue?  Might not make you feel any better but these so-called surgeons should have to pay for their mistakes  :cuss:

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »

Goodness what terrible news.

I have had an endoscopy and they did not go down that far.

When did you have your operation. What a pity they could not treat it any other way. My step father had a stoma bag for many years.
Will yours be reversible.
Many people lead a full life with a stoma.

Terrible time for you. You really could not make up the dreadful time that you have had if you tried.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »

What was the endoscopy for if you had bowel problems?

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »

I really did not know they could go down that far when you had an endoscopy. I thought you had to come up the other direction to do the bowel.

Perhaps babypink has had a new procedure.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »

Perhaps babypink is in pain and wasn't sure what "oscopy" she had.
She's  entitled

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 07:20:07 PM »

Of course.

Dreadful time.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »

"Endoscope

"An endoscope is a thin, long, flexible tube that has a light source and a video camera at one end. Images of the inside of your body are relayed to a television screen.
Endoscopes can be inserted into the body through a natural opening, such as through your throat or anus (the opening through which stools are passed out of the body).
Alternatively, it can be inserted through a small surgical cut made in the skin.
What happens during an endoscopy?

"An endoscopy is usually carried out while a person is awake. It is not painful, but can be uncomfortable so a local anaesthetic or sedative (medication that has a calming effect) may be given to help you relax.  The endoscope is carefully inserted into your body. Exactly where it enters your body will depend on the part of the body being examined.

"An endoscopy can take 15-60 minutes to carry out, depending on what it's being used for. It will usually be performed on an outpatient basis, which means you will not have to stay in hospital overnight.
Read more about how an endoscopy is performed.

"Risks

"An endoscopy is usually safe and the risk of complications is low (less than 1 in 100).
"Possible complications of an endoscopy include an infection in the part of the body that the endoscope is used to examine and excessive bleeding.  .. "   NHS web-site

Such an awful time ...........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7