Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: heart monitoring - ILP - palpitations  (Read 3840 times)

rosekay

heart monitoring - ILP - palpitations
« on: March 11, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »

Hi all - I've had a couple of sessions with heart monitors because of palpitations (skipped beats, irregular) and nothing abnormal has been found.  Stupid me still worries - my doc has offered to have me fitted with an implantable loop recorder, which can stay in place for up to 3 years, to try to catch the horrible beats which are worrying me.  Has anyone had one of these fitted? I think it would do a lot to ease my mind. I'm a bit concerned about a huge bulge in my chest though - there is very little of me in that area!  I'd like to know if it will be really noticeable?  I wouldn't let it stop me having the thing, but I'd really like to hear from anyone who knows from experience?  Thanks muchly!   :)

honeybun

Re: heart monitoring - ILP - palpitations
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »

Afraid I don't know anything about the monitor but have to ask.....are you on HRT.

Many of us on the forum have suffered with palpitations. Its a big meno symptom.
Mine were sorted with HRT.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:34:55 PM »

Your GP should be able to point you in the direction of other patients treated in this way - have a chat and aks if there is anyone local who has had such treatment?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

rosekay

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »

Thanks for your input ladies.  No Honeybun, not on any HRT.  These palpitations have been happening since I was in my early 20's so it's not a meno thing.  A lot of the time I'm fine, but when I get bad runs of the things it gets to me.  I've survived this long, think I'll keep going a bit longer probably!   ;)

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »

I think I have prob had mine since in high school, some day are good and others just lousy, also had the monitors, etc, was told benign pvc's. They just something that we have to live with, my mom is well into her 80s and has also had them forever so I would not stress too much if your Dr is happy, cannot think of anything worse than having something implanted in my chest, unless of course, its silicon boobs, as after breastfeeding and meno, mine are just nasty :)
xx

Trey

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

I was a registered nurse who worked on a cardiac unit.  I had all manner of arrhythmia's and was advised to take magnesium.  My issues were 95% cured.  I,later in life, had my mag levels checked and was found borderline low.  I know many with same experience.  Mine were so bad I thought heart attack many times.

Simple solutions are often the best.

Hope this might help.

rosekay

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »

That's interesting, Trey. I think I tried magnesium once, but don't remember much difference.  Is is a long term thing? I probably gave up when no miraculous cure happened!..  Is it just magnesium or a mix with something else?  I think it may be a good idea to try it again.  On the heart palpitation site they talk a lot about the vagus nerve and indigestion/gas being to blame - I know if I am a bit 'blown up' I notice more palpitations.  Did you have the skipped beats and irregularity?  Feels like my heart is stumbling and about to stop, sometimes, though all tests are clear.  I dont seem to have the fast beats that some get.
Cassie, I never had much up there before breastfeeding 6 kids, thats why I'm worried about what the implant thing would look like! I have a terrible job trying to find bra's that don't gape! Woe is me!

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

I take magnesium taurate , one a day, my skipped heart beats have stopped.

Trey

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »

I take mag daily without fail.  I had skipped bests, every third or fourth with and without regularity.  At times I felt I had to cough to start my heart. Once diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse.  Then ten years later had a catherization and there is no prolapse.  Cold foods used to set it off and certainly stress. I produce a lot of adrenalin as have always had to be o. Guard for children's or husband's health, so had the fight or flight response.

I take very low dose BB some mornings, but it is the mag that made me nearly 'normal'.

rosekay

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »

Will definitely try the magnesium.  I take 5g Bisoprolol every day but can't say it makes much difference, apart from slows my heart rate a bit (was always fairly fast, but not abnormally so) and makes the thumps not quite so hard. But I don't think it would matter if I didn't take it.  Magnesium for me, then!   :)