Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice,palpitations  (Read 4687 times)

SweetPea

Re: Advice,palpitations
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »

Elllie...it is a bit of an exact science...maybe get your GP to show you how to do it.

If you are still experiencing fast heart beats after three solid days...please go to your GP - or even your A&E  - for a ECG. 

From my experience (long story) take NO chances with your heart.

ellie

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »

Thanks sweet pea, it has slowed down tonight, but I bet by morning it is fast again......I have to see doctor on Monday to have my ear shringed, so will have a chat with him......I still feel really unwell, my mouth is very sore, so perhaps the infection is causing it.

SweetPea

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »

You notice it more in the early morning, because of cortisol release....I used to suffer terribly.  Waking at 3am.... 5am..... 7am, with pounding heart.   You tend to focus on it, and worry....so then you release adrenaline and it gets even worse.   My advice is to get upm make a hot milk or something and try to take your mind off it...it does not go away but at last you are not lying there in the dark listening to your pounding heart.

Good luck with the ear syringing...maybe it will start to shift any infection x

Trey

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »

Steroids can cause a racing heart.

I take a BB many mornings do to very high pulse.  Pulse normally very low.

jax

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

i had this badly last year prior to HRT. This vanished without trace within a very short time on hrt. It started coming bck along with other meno issues 6 months ago but again vanished when HRT dose was increased. it was explained by my good buds on here that this is common in early hours hence waking at 3,5 am due to this being the time any hormone levels we have are at their lowest...which ties up the HRT making it better...
i had the 24 hour ecg etc and they said I had episodes of stress angina....amazing how it cured itself on HRT lol
Jacky xx
goober gizzard brains

Cassie

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »

Hi Ellie, I just saw your post now and wanted to say that I think the reason that your heart is racing is from the steroid injections! Any type of cortisone will do this, I remember when my sister was on cortisone for her back, she had a terribly fast pulse so discuss this with your doc, could be totally related to that, hope that you feel better soon x
Pages: 1 [2]