Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New and suffering bad Anxiety.  (Read 14546 times)

sandy

Re: New and suffering bad Anxiety.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »

Hi Everyones mum,
                          Just to let you know Doctor kept me on the same AD for another 4 week, she did not want to increase dosage, she said i need to give them time to get in my system, i also had a bad nights sleep which did not help with anxiety this morning, felt awfull in car this morning, i just kept thinking to myself  remember what advice you have been given and keep calm and watch your breathing. How are you keeping, have you got your anxiety settled, i hope you have, , take care.xx

sandy

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »

Hi Hurdity, from what i understand anxiety can make you feel diizy,shaky and just feeling strange, but i do need to keep my sugar levels up, because i dont think that  i am doing myself any good going  several hours without food . I try eat porridge for breakfast, but sometimes i have to eat ginger biscuits because i have started to feel sick on a morning since been on AD, but hope that will pass. I have also just started to eat Banannas ( i am takeing all the  good advice on board), Everyones mum,  Bella Mama and yourself have given me some good advice, and its nice to know that people like yourselfs know what  i am going through, it makes me feel better knowing i am not alone, i ve got a good husband and mother but its not the same, as they dont know how  i really feel, my mother just suffered from hot flushes, but that was a long time ago she is now 83. xx

nelliedee

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

Hi Sandy
I think most people start to see an improvement between 2-3 weeks and by then your body should have adjusted to all the side effects. I am keeping everything crossed for you.
My anxiety is not being helped by family problems so I'd be lying if I said it was better. At the moment I seem to be dragging myself through the days but I am trying to be upbeat. xx

nelliedee

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »

Hi Bella mama
The 3 2 1 excersise is at the top of the personal experiences section. If you cant find it just let me know and I will try and copy and past it here
It is very effective xx

Jaz

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »

Hi Sandy and everyone who has replied.

I just did a long email but seem to have lost it while previewing it  :( I am 51 had a sub total hysterectomy in 2008 without symptoms until last year, after having a very stressful year. I can relate to your anxiety symptoms Sandy and palpations especially in the mornings which i have never had before. Also stated having aching joints, memory and sleep problems followed by worrying and being hot and sweaty, although hot flushes are not the main concern.

I have now been to a menopause clinic and going to be prescribed Tibolone HRT. However after going to a menopause conference it was suggested I start off with estrogen separately and sequential progesterone due to long term risks of progesterone and to see if i have a bleed (as still have cervix) its all very confusing.

Would like to know if anyone has tried Tibolone and does it help with moods/anxiety or joint pains? Strange thing is.... I suddenly felt better for about 6 weeks (without trying anything) then went back to my symptoms again. I use to be much more carefree and loved my sleep.  This is all new to me and just doing my research would appreciate any suggestions/comments.

Thanks Jaz xx
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:45:01 PM by Jaz »

nelliedee

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 06:14:58 AM »

Hi Jaz

I have not had hrt and so I can't offer any advise in that dept. I do believe I have been in peri for 3-4 years which started with joint pain and feeling dizzy. I have spent the last few years with hot and cold spells. 2011 my memory went to pieces and at the beginning of 2012 I went to pieces with anxiety that was off the scale. This coincided with periods that stated coming much closer together and mood swings that were 10 times worse than ever before. Like you, I was a lover of my sleep but was waking at 3 am and could not get back to sleep. My sleep has improved after 6 months of waking, my moods are now more even and I generally feel 90 % better. If we have an upset I seem to not cope very well and the anxiety comes back but I wander through it and it improves again. After finding this forum and all the lovely ladies on here, I changed my diet and started eating better. I started walking 3-4 times a week. I started taking high grade fish oil. I cut down a little on my work and i started putting me first. This time last year I was almost agoraphobic and so i feel all of the above helped me.
I hope someone will be along shortly to help with the hrt questions xx

Jaz

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »

Hi Everyones Mum

Thanks for your thoughts, I also have periods of time I dont feel like leaving the house, but when not at work I try to make myself go out and book holidays in advance with friends. I live alone so that does not help as its so easy not to bother, some days i just dont feel like getting out of bed. My lack of motivation can affect my exercise routine and my appetite and  like Sandy I did lose some weight so dont want to do anything too aerobic until I get into a better routine but seems to be a vicious cycle.

I know I am just not myself and therefore decided to go down the HRT route. I had two bereavements last year and was told stress can trigger symptoms so please anyone reading my thread do get in touch.

Look forward to hearing from you.  Jaz xx

bella mama

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

Hi jaz, I am new to this site too and been on citalopram AD 20mg for the last year for the anxiety from peri menopause. I am 42 And still getting periods but irregular, heavy, light....erratic. I have had night sweats but the flushings aren't the main problem, it's been palpitations, overwhelming tiredness, Headaches, Awful joint, muscle pain and hard to walk when I Get up from sitting down for a while. My confidence also dipped a lot. A huge physical change for me as I used to jog regularly and take part in 10k runs.
The AD have definitely helped get me over the worse of the anxiety and they have taken the edge off it.  I feel a lot stronger mentally and needed to feel like my normal physical self and went back to dr last month to ask about hrt. It's not an easy decision to start on hrt but my doc seemed to think if i was able to take hrt then the benefits far outweigh the risks....
 I started on elleste duet 1mg and am 2 weeks into taking them. My head definitely feels clearer and I am getting better sleeps the last few nights. I had a couple of days of stomach cramping when i started taking them but that's gone.  I have not had one headache since starting tablets so I am hoping this continues. Hey...my muscle/joint pain has eased so much the past few days too... I think the green tablets containing the progesterone can cause a few problems but I really hope I will be ok on them. 
Being new on hrt I can't give any advice really but I felt anything was worth a try if i am able to take it instead of struggling on. Also having 2 girls under the age of 10 who need a mummy who is able to keep up with them!
Hope someone can give advice on the hrt you have been prescribed. X

sandy

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

Hi Jaz, sorry i cant help you regarding the HRT, i was only on Hrt for a short while, and was not getting on very well with it, i take Beta Blockers for the palpitations and AD for the anxiety, which i am still waiting for them to work fully on me, i have only been on them for 2 weeks, but still getting the anxiety, but some lovely people from this forum have told me they take a few weeks for AD to start to work, so i am hanging in there. I have had sleep problems comeing up to nearly 4 years now, i had really bad joint pains last year, but they seem to have eased , i have spondylosis of the lower spine which i have had for nearly 20 years, so i put the joint pains down to my dodgy bones, i still get the odd pain in my hips and knees but not as bad as last year. I hope you get on with your HRT, sorry i could not be of any help, take care.

Sandy.x

• First Flush
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »

Re anxiety
Hi everyone I’m new on here but really need peoples advice. I am 53 and for the last 6 months have suffered anxiety really badly which is something that I have never had before. My doctor has given me propanol which I don’t really want to take so at the moment just taking when needed.i feel anxious every day and have a fear that I’m going to have an heart attack😢. I’ve been on kliovance hrt now for 2 months but don’t feel any different. I feel like I’m living a different life to what I lived before and just want my old self back

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 08:00:07 PM »

If you were diabetic would you not take medication as prescribed?   I used propranolol successfully from 2002 until March this year.  The idea is for the drug to ease anxiety surges.  I took 80mg 3 times a day for a month then dropped to 40mg at night and then 20mg at night.  Some GPs suggest 'as necessary' but usually 1 takes it regularly.

The Change does what it says on the tin!  we are unlikely to feel 'as we were' during hormonal upheaval.  It's not simply less periods and hot flushes!  Browse round.  Do consider taking the BB, the GP wouldn't give it you if it wasn't found to be useful.  Let us know how you get on!
Pages: 1 2 [3]